IGNORED

Will a Ultimate 1MB + IDE Side 2.0 + Fujinet + PokeyMax 3.0 all work together on a (64k) 600xl?

gwpt

Hi,

I am upgrading my XL. I've done the the 64k RAM upgrade.

and would like to add all of the following:

* Ultimate 1MB (Possibly SIDE3)

* IDE Plus 2.0

* Fujinet 1.4

* PokeyMax 3.0

Does anyone know, will the IDE Plus 2.0 and Fujinet 1.4 physically fit next to each other.

I liked the idea of the IDE Plus 2.0 for HD as it leaves the cartridge port free but would be better off the SIDE3 instead as use the HD feature there?

Thanks

27 minutes ago, gwpt said:

The SIDE3 is looking good... 

(I have been struggling with the Atarimax MyIDE but am having issues with the IDE drive.. )

Seems like the U1MB + SIDE3 does all what it does and more..

Definitely!

I want to pickup a SIDE 3 eventually. That and the FujiNet are two must-haves as far as I'm concerned.

I've loved my UltimateCart, and it is great, but I'm pretty sure the SIDE 3 emulates most, if not all, of the same cartridge types as the UC, and it does soooo much more. I'd thought that, once I got my 1088XEL running well, I'd sell off my original 800XL. Not only have I not done that, but I've picked up another 800XL and my first ever 600XL as well. Since I'm going to have at least two, and possibly three original, real Atari 8-bits, I'm going to want to put an U1MB and a SIDE 3 in one of them, so that they'll be on par with my 1088XEL.

11 hours ago, bfollowell said:

I'm going to want to put an U1MB and a SIDE 3 in one of them, so that they'll be on par with my 1088XEL

The external U1MB is supposed to include both these plus 64KB base RAM without internal modification, a video upgrade for the NTSC 600XL would also be recommended.