IGNORED

AirConsole App for VCS Review and Thoughts

Mockduck

2 hours ago, justclaws said:

Since a few weeks, I have two VCS consoles, and my test was done on the VCS at my home.
However, yesterday evening, I tried Air Console on the other VCS, and on that I got the error.
That's crazy, as both systems are up-to-date, and were using the same account and games.

I am sure that originally AirConsole was a binary, but I see now that it's a web-link on machine 2.
I hope to check the other machine this afternoon, or this evening, and see if a) it still works, and
b) if the app is different, or c) that the app worked yesterday, and without update, fails today. ?

Yesterday, it was running fine on the other VCS. So puzzling.

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-17 at 20.19.22 (3).jpeg

Interesting! I wonder if they switched from a dedicated app to a front end web link, and that is what the issue is. Also, it sounds like you can confirm a question I see now and then, which is that you can access and play the games you purchase on the VCS on a second or more console when you log in using your account. The games aren't tied to a single console, in other words. 

19 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

Interesting! I wonder if they switched from a dedicated app to a front end web link, and that is what the issue is. Also, it sounds like you can confirm a question I see now and then, which is that you can access and play the games you purchase on the VCS on a second or more console when you log in using your account. The games aren't tied to a single console, in other words. 

All my games work on both consoles, with my account. Games are saved locally though.
Since the last VCS user-interface update, save-game data can be seen in the Storage tab, also, and deleted also.

What does not work yet but Atari are working on, I believe, is to enable "family" access to games on one console.
(Not an official term - but what I mean is, if my kids want to play my games, on my console, they should be able to,
 but they cannot install games. At the moment, each account has it's own games, even on the same console, which
 is not logical. However, a secondary player on console 1 should not be able to add those games if using console 2.)

Here is the response I got from AirConsole:

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience and could not enjoy AirConsole on your Atari VCS as intended!

Atari is working on the issue and we are in close contact with them. Feel free to also send them a ticket as I am sure every info can help them solving this. I am sorry that there is not more we can do for the moment than wait until they fix it.

In the meantime you can use AirConsole via airconsole.com on your PC or if you have an Android TV (supported on Google TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV Stick) by Downloading the AirConsole TV App.

I apologize for the inconvenience!

• Thanks 1

I found a definite difference betwen my 2 VCS systems which seem to be on the same firmware.
They are both run#1 collectors editions, before anybody suggests it's a hardware difference, btw.

System 1 (not working)
994652433_WhatsAppImage2021-09-21at10_55_58.thumb.jpeg.191ce85e7c8318c79871d97cc173a258.jpeg

System 2 (still working)
1621772796_WhatsAppImage2021-09-20at19_07_54.thumb.jpeg.abb97e6df7635262790358bc70b1685f.jpeg

Both have the same firmware and BIOS, so it must be a Chrome settings issue,
as both systems also of course have the latest Chrome 93.x installed, from Atari,
possibly because the first system was in use since January, and the 2nd, only July.
By July, there were signficant improvements, to the system, when clean-installed.

1641076960_WhatsAppImage2021-09-20at18_59.17(1).thumb.jpeg.9fb782a49aeee9cfabdc422aee9f41c7.jpeg

You can verify the OpenGL functionality also on this website.
https://get.webgl.org/
1458908691_WhatsAppImage2021-09-20at19_05_40.thumb.jpeg.c423ba6bbd8ca641acdc235ffbfb3565.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1