IGNORED

What type of game would you come up with, that uses a controller that is not supported on the 7800?

CPUWIZ

Just curious, because I keep thinking of silly crap like 7800 Band Games, with all the new sound possibilities.

EDIT:

1. Tempest with a true spinner.
  2. Star Wars with a yoke.
  3. Millipede with a Trak-Ball.
  4. Zork with a keyboard.
  5. Some kind of game show- jeopardy, wheel of fortune, etc. I'd want a full qwerty keyboard for that.
  6. An actual driving controller would be cool. Pedals and everything.
  7. How about a modern display friendly light gun for games like Chiller, Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley or an "on rails" shooter?
  8. Marble madness with a trackball 
  9. Sinistar with a 49 way optical stick
  10. How about a stompable mat ala the NES Power Pad?
  11. A snowboard/surfboard type game with a balance board
  12. I just will put out something seriously possible: a Jedi-game with a lightsaber-stick... (motion control)
  13. Or perhaps a chessgame, with a chessboard-shaped conteoller-board which have slots for chess-pieces which, when placed within a square, sends a joystick signal to the grfx on the screen. (RFID)
  14. Why not a mouse?
  15. XYZ with a functioning SIO Port and a pass-thru Joystick Port.
  16. Tron with pistol grip joystick AND spinner.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RevEng said:

PRGE 2022: "Say... what's going on behind those curtains at the AA booth?"

He edited my post and then his own as well. Originally he mentioned "7800 Hero". I replied that it would be good to mention that he meant a Guitar Hero and not the old school favorite we all know (Hero) as that game wouldn't need a different controller. 

As for games that would need a new control scheme? How about a modern display friendly light gun for games like Chiller, Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley or an "on rails" shooter? Something like a demake of HOTD or Umbrella Chronicles would be fun.

• Like 2

An actual driving controller. Pedals and everything, shifter as well. That's not super original or anything, but it would be cool.

EDIT: There could even be some kind of keypad in the middle for buttons.  Y'know, for the fisticuffs and hideout searches for a certain game that is bound to come out any day now.

25 minutes ago, Shawn said:

He edited my post and then his own as well. Originally he mentioned "7800 Hero". I replied that it would be good to mention that he meant a Guitar Hero and not the old school favorite we all know (Hero) as that game wouldn't need a different controller. 

That game is called H.E.R.O., numb nut.  I thought Ass Stick would be funnier, since it exists, as proven by Cebus above. :P

• Haha 2

I agree with Tempest with a spinner 

I'd like to add marble madness with a trackball 

Sinistar with a 49 way optical stick 

A snowboard/surfboard type game with a balance board 

• Like 1

The most useful I feel would be a spinner with multiple buttons as that could be used for a lot of games and hacks (Tempest, Gyruss, Asteroids, Lunar Lander, Thrust, Sprint, Breakout, etc). For me it's the biggest selling point of the Atari Jaguar. I only own 4 games for it and 3 of them support the spinner.

Edited by juansolo
  • Like 3