IGNORED

TI Cockpit for FPV video

Bones-69

About 12 months ago I discovered FPV and haven't looked back. I have found it to be an amazing hobby. What is FPV? Probably easier just to watch a short video;

Part of the FPV attraction is the whole video aspect, which is understandable given it's cousin-type relationship with cinematic filming - and the general ability to film things from a perspective which would be otherwise impossible. Personally I have found it enjoyable to combine music and my videos together. Which got me to thinking....

I thought it would be super cool to come up with some type of TI inspired/programmed cockpit that I could overlay onto some of my videos. Maybe something like this;

spacegames.thumb.png.dca39886c2d7cf67453abee1915f956a.png

I figured for it to look reasonable there would have to be some type of cockpit/scenery interaction. Maybe the cockpit needs to bank in time with the flight, maybe some instrument needs to respond accordingly, maybe it would just be enough for the controls to simply be in the right place at the right time.... Some experimenting would need to be done. I figure the cockpit could show fuel and thrust etc.... My initial idea would be to select a flight, learn it by heart, and then capture a video of me flying my FPV Cockpit program in synch with the video. Then I would just have to overlay the two and should end up with something rather silly but fun, and which has an overwhelming TI feel about it. It really was a shame there were no great cockpit type TI games or I would simply gravitate towards something classic.

I am behind with all things TI, but I guess I would lean towards writing something that can be run on the compiler. 

Interested in input and ideas! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Played around with the "New Parsec" idea. Made a ver. where you only have moving graphics in the main box. The rest is "easy" graphics. Tested some pics in the main window to see how it looks. You get speed with only a small part of the screen "active", but it is hard to make it look OK.

Tested with just outlines of trees. The Idea was a Parsec that is like the "trench run" in Star Wars. Tested with objects getting closer and bigger... it is hard to play with to get a nice looking game.

First pic is the real pix count on a TI. I think I made the rest 3 times bigger to get a better view of it.

MK MMXXI Parsec Night mode.jpg

MK MMXXI Parsec Night modeC.jpg

MK MMXXI Parsec Night modeD.jpg

MK MMXXI Parsec Night modeE.jpg

MK MMXXI Parsec Night modeF.jpg

MK MMXXI Parsec Night modeG.jpg

MK MMXXI Parsec.jpg

Edited by oddemann
More info!
  • Like 6