IGNORED

Looking for a forum post comparing Atari 400/800 with the C64

donjn

Through searching I have seen on this forum many comparisons between the two. Commodore 64 can do more graphically but was limited in its colors. Atari computers could do more colors but not as detailed.

Anyways within a thread someone posted the best example of Atari computers vs Commodore 64 by showing two sets of colored pencils?

The Commodore set of colored pencils were more thin and had more detail but had less total colors while the Atari set of colored pencils were thicker, less detailed but had way more colors.

Does anyone remember this post? I've been looking but cannot find it anywhere. It was a response to an existing topic and it was not on the first page.

Edited by donjn

400/600 what? The comparison might be 800XL or 130XE...  as far as searching, well you could try the built in elastasearch box with the magnifying/spyglass on the page near the top right side on forum page. Or even a goo gle site search of atariage.com

That's some of the ways people find stuff...

Edited by _The Doctor__

31 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

400/600 what? The comparison might be 800XL or 130XE...  as far as searching, well you could try the built in elastasearch box with the magnifying/spyglass on the page near the top right side on forum page. Or even a goo gle site search of atariage.com

That's some of the ways people find stuff...

Obviously I meant 800 not 600, I changed it.

And as I mentioned before you EFFING smartass, I did search but could not find the post.

• Sad 1

well I found your pointless argument thread using the forums elastasearch but you look like a p*ssy argument kind of guy...

Hold my b, oh crap never-mind it wasn't even work....

Here's you thread jack *ss, https://atariage.com/forums/topic/134852-atari-v-commodore/?do=findComment&comment=1741168

ancient glue factory starting, it ends with the Atari having great pencils and pencil pictures and some straw man arguments being withdrawn...

smart-*ss out...

of course if you act like that when it really matters, many 'smart *sses' here might just let you suffer... and take pleasure in your search without answers. Good thing we're smart and not just *sses.

btw your welcome...

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

well I found your pointless argument thread using the forums elastasearch but you look like a p*ssy argument kind of guy...

Hold my b, oh crap never-mind it wasn't even work....

Here's you thread jack *ss, https://atariage.com/forums/topic/134852-atari-v-commodore/?do=findComment&comment=1741168

ancient glue factory starting, it ends with the Atari having great pencils and pencil pictures and some straw man arguments being withdrawn...

smart-*ss out...

of course if you act like that when it really matters, many 'smart *sses' here might just let you suffer... and take pleasure in your search without answers. Good thing we're smart and not just *sses.

btw your welcome...

You sound like you are just looking for a fight...Chill out dude.

Still looking for the exact colored pencils picture...

Edited by donjn

With all due respect, please do not start another Atari verses Commodore thread. It ALWAYS leads to name calling. ALWAYS. If you are interested in the actually differences please search for them with the search function at the top of the forum. There are MANY to read. Again, I'm not trying to be mean or a jerk. I just don't want to see another one. That horse is not only dead, it's just a pile of pulp (sorry for the graphic description.)

Edited by Allan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Allan said:

With all due respect, please do not start another Atari verses Commodore thread. It ALWAYS leads to name calling. ALWAYS. If you are interested in the actually differences please search for them with the search function at the top of the forum. There are MANY to read. Again, I'm not trying to be mean or a jerk. I just don't want to see another one. That horse is not only dead, it's just a pile of pulp (sorry for the graphic description.)

Oh I was not starting a debate, I just really liked the graphical representation of both systems and that example in particular. I own both and use them with my Commodore 1702. 

The actual picture is difficult to find BECAUSE there have been so many debates on here, so there is a bit of irony here.

Wow - we haven't had a good comparison thread in a few hours here.  I guess that's why it's so hard to find any information using the search feature.  Let's see how long until this one gets locked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I think what we have here is the following...

1. Just mentioning Atari and C64 in the same thread or sentence triggers the "locals".

2. I think a lot of you have spent way to long in these forums.

I appreciate the PM but I did not ask for any of that. I am not asking for a comparison. I am well aware of what both systems can do and cant do.

I have no horse in this race and NEVER did.

I love Atari and Commodore.

I have never felt that because you like one thing you need to hate the other. 99% of the population feels this way however, so I am immediately perceived as such.

I simply love great examples, and several years ago I saw this cool pencil picture comparison. I was just looking for that picture. Simple.

I was not trolling to start an Atari vs Commodore bait.

Edited by donjn
  • Confused 1

Maybe a better topic title would have been: "Looking for a forum post comparing Atari pencils with C64 pencils" or something like that...

Found one topic e.g. here:

That pencil topic also includes a link (post #4) to the "famous" C64 vs. A8 thread (464 funny pages to read).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, donjn said:

1. Just mentioning Atari and C64 in the same thread or sentence triggers the "locals".

2. I think a lot of you have spent way to long in these forums.

1.) That is why you did it.

2.) For sure, and all the wiser for it.

source.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3