IGNORED

Ex-Activision Designers Launch Retro Game Publisher Audacity Games™

jaybird3rd

12 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

Sweet, was at the park with my kid and missed the deadline. I’m cool with it being tomorrow, my schedule is wide open :) 

Gives me a chance to do more thinking on what to order. So for those who are going to make a purchase, what are you going to get? I've been all over the place regarding all 3 options and haven't made up my mind yet so I'm happy for the 1 day delay.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 5-11under said:

Is the quantity limited?

The standard version appears to be unlimited.

There will be 1900 Collector's edition sets.

There will be 100 VIP Collector's edition sets (with the first ten already spoken for).

The first 250 purchasers overall will receive a free gift.

1 hour ago, Swami said:

So, when you log into your account do you see anything different than before? I just see the normal "Editions" page. not my name or "signed in" or "log out" or anything. Not sure if I'm even getting logged in.

I registered for an account yesterday but haven't gotten an e-mail or anything.

Same here.  I wasn't sure if my registration went through, so eventually I went through the registration process again with same details and it came back that I was already registered.  That's something at least.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, john_q_atari said:

Gives me a chance to do more thinking on what to order. So for those who are going to make a purchase, what are you going to get? I've been all over the place regarding all 3 options and haven't made up my mind yet so I'm happy for the 1 day delay.

Money's tight and even though I sometimes like limited editions and I do like digital copies...I'm just going for the regular edition.  I have no plans to eBay it so who cares if it's "worth" more?  Also, for some reason I like when limited editions feature different colors of the cartridges themselves (like certain CollectorVision ColecoVision releases or an Indiegogo SNES game I backed).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, john_q_atari said:

I’ll probably try for a VIP... The hat and buckle I will actually wear. I love semi trucks so the toy will go on my wall :) 

I found it odd that David Crane said there wasn't 2600 PCB's or shells to be purchased new in large numbers and that is why he had to make his own? The shells I can kinda get as the 1:1 copies of the Atari style shells have only been around for a year or so and others who have made them in the past are long gone (like VGWIZ) but the PCBs? There have been large capacity PCB's available for almost a decade and smaller capacity ones that 99 percent of games use for much longer than that, close to 20 years. The 128K "Circus Convoy" needs could have been easily taken care of with an endless supply of boards. I have 50 of such boards sitting on my desk right now with a copyright date of 2014. The same boards have been used by many people and they are well known to the group as a whole. Same goes for the talk about not being able to get large numbers of smaller chips be it UV EPROM, EEPROM or OTP EPROM. You can still get them 1 at a time or thousands at a time all the way down to 2k chips VERY cheaply without any sort of insider contacts. Saying 128K OTP was the smallest you can get in large numbers is just not true. Some of these things ZPH must be aware of (??). Why he chose not to correct David could have been just to keep it from being a confrontational point calling him out. I did kinda think this episode let Crane run it as a 3 hour ad for the game & the company instead of an actual question and answer interview type deal. The majority of questions asked on the forum where not presented to the 3 guys sadly. Would have been nicer if they kept it a little more honest. 

• Like 2

I'm thinking of getting the $100 edition... not only would it be to get the new game but also to give the guys at Audacity a tip for all the games in the past that they made (Pressure Cooker, Keystone Kapers and the Pitfall games were all top games for me back in the day!)

I suppose I could just buy two copies of the base game to show my support but that would make me look like a scalper.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, King_Salamon said:

I suppose I could just buy two copies of the base game to show my support but that would make me look like a scalper.

I thought about buying two of the standard edition too. If I don't get the VIP maybe I will. I guess I could do limited and standard so I get two different colored boxes lol. I don't know...

Im still wondering what the deal is about no digital download options to support these guys. They have digital copies for those who buy a cart, however people like myself don't want to pay the massive shipping costs. Not really interested in what the generation of people joining the site are either. Most of us have been around here for donkeys years.

My biggest concern is they supply those who buy a cart with a digital copy. Why not give the option for digital only for those who don't want a toy truck ect. Just like steam or whatever you wire the money you get your game, no matter where you live in the world.

• Like 1

Digital downloads might come along later.  I hope so.  I'm going to wait.

I remember frustration from side scrolling platform games that don't scroll.  I am hoping there won't be surprise consequences when the player enters a new screen.  That kind of thing was normal back in the 1980's, but game design has changed.  In my opinion, it's verboten now; so, I'll be watching reviews to see how it plays.

Edited by orange808
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Climber said:

I thought about buying two of the standard edition too. If I don't get the VIP maybe I will. I guess I could do limited and standard so I get two different colored boxes lol. I don't know...

I like the idea of one regular and one limited but I would feel the need to sell one as having two of any game is something I don't need.  Maybe not at first but after a month or so I will.  lol  Besides, I will be grabbing the next release this summer so they will get my money one way or another.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, King_Salamon said:

I like the idea of one regular and one limited but I would feel the need to sell one as having two of any game is something I don't need.  Maybe not at first but after a month or so I will.  lol  Besides, I will be grabbing the next release this summer so they will get my money one way or another.  

Yeah, I hear you. Sometimes I buy two of a game. For Thrust or QB, it would have been a different game play version (I think I've bought Thrust 3 or 4 times, probably QB too lol) for Pier solar, beggar prince or Battle kid it would be strictly packaging, sometimes I just buy two of the same damn game (ricky/vicky) There has been more I don't remember off hand.

...but ultimately, just like now with circus convoy, its mainly just showing my support for something I'm really excited about. I could go drinking friday night or skip it and buy an extra game lol.

I doubt I'll buy two of all their games, but this one I will! This whole thing has been pretty exciting for me so its worth it :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:
So was Gold Rush cancelled in favor of this?

Because if so, yikes. Not a big fan of Circus themed... anything, really.

It wasn’t cancelled. It was pushed out as a summer released so they can implement the Audacity stuff into Dan’s game. It was renamed for legal reasons also. No more Gold Rush. It’s Casey’s Gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3