IGNORED

Ex-Activision Designers Launch Retro Game Publisher Audacity Games™

jaybird3rd

3 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

No, it won't. I'd much rather support efforts produced by people who have contributed to this community for years. Yes, I tried to buy a copy of "Circus Convoy". I failed. I'll be spending that money on a homebrew from someone on this site instead. :)

I've had bad experiences with homebrew purchasing in the past... some games were made in such short runs that if you didn't get in on day one, you didn't have a chance to get a copy.  The Collectorvision games were like that and now you can get access to the digital copies through the club but I've long since walked away from the Colecovision scene.

There isn't a limit to the Circus Convoy games (ok theres a limit to the Collector's Editions but not the actual game) so to say you failed in buying one seems odd... you just stopped trying to order one it seems.  But to each their own.  I plan on making an AtariAge order in the next while myself (Deepstone Catacomb is calling my name!  lol)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chad5200 said:

Nice!  They will be selling the empty cartridge shells.  Hopefully this will help put an end to the cannibalizing of old games for other homebrew sellers.

If they eventually offer the standard Atari style as well, that would for sure change things.

Edited by Jstick

7 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

That would explain it.  I don't quite know how they sold out so fast, given the glitchy launch, but I guess there were enough people for whom it worked.  A more descriptive error message would have been nice.

I got VIP #49, and that was 2 minutes into the sale.

• Like 1

Quick Note:  I think the AtariAge Homebrewers are Legends, Too!   I hope they realize that they have, for years, given me a reason to get out of bed in the morning and I hope they don't ever feel underappreciated.  They do Amazing work and put out technologically advanced, fun to play games, from the heart that are at or very often above the level of the commercial releases back in the day.

That said, other than a few comments (from either side and the peanut gallery), which could be misconstrued/misinterpreted/taken out of context,  I'm not really seeing an Us Vs Them attitude which some people (unfortunately) are.

Even looking at the title of this thread and considering what is going on today, well this is their moment,  their game.  That's why we're talking about it, and it in no way shape or form discounts what the amazing AtariAge homebrewers and community are (also) doing...

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Yes, and definitely.

I got lucky - I figured out my PC hadn't updated itself for DST this morning and when I checked their page several hours ago I figured out it was just a script that used the host system clock. I made sure to get my computer time updated, refreshed their page and the countdown was correct. At that point, I literally watched the last 10 seconds count down, tapped the button immediately and managed to grab #002006. So there were at least half a dozen Standard Edition orders before me. As a result, I never saw any error messages.

However, given the various issues people ran into a few minutes later, I have to agree with you. A "sold out" message for that VIP Edition would probably have saved a lot of frustration for buyers. Hopefully they will learn from this for their future releases. 

It almost seems as if they put a cap in the database on the number of VIP Editions, so that when that number was exceeded, we just got a generic database update error.  (This is just a guess, of course.)

Ah well ... it is what it is.  I'm just glad I was able to get a Collector Edition, and I'm sure the process will be smoother next time, after the portal has been open and working for some time.

• Like 1

Yeah, because of the site issues, I only got the middle package, I guess the VIP was sold out-

Really not fair, lol, I'm definitely one of those "bitchers".

Stupid site problem caused me to miss out, knowing full well that most of the VIP packages went to "money people", who probably can't play the game for 5 minutes.(And won't, they bought them to resell, we all know that).

Sheesh.

Anyone able to log in and download the game yet?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Rogerpoco said:

Yeah, because of the site issues, I only got the middle package, I guess the VIP was sold out-

Stupid site problem caused me to miss out, knowing full well that most of the VIP packages went to "money people", who probably can't play the game for 5 minutes.(And won't, they bought them to resell, we all know that).

Sheesh.

The game will not be available to download until the game physically ships... this was covered in the ZeroPageHomebrew interview.  

6 minutes ago, D Train said:

have you tried using chrome in incognito mode?  I couldn't hit the login page from the regular website, but was able to do it from incognito mode.

Signed on to a different computer and worked find. Was able to get a collector's edition. What a hassle though

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rogerpoco said:

Sheesh.

Not planning to resell mine , and I plan to play it until I complete it.

• Like 3

Just now, RGC said:

Signed on to a different computer and worked find. Was able to get a collector's edition. What a hassle though

there are better purchase experiences to be sure, but glad that you were able to get one.  what serial number are you at?

• Like 2

Well I had the VIP in my cart. Could not get PAYPAL to work. When I clicked PAYPAL to pay, it opened another little window, spun for a few seconds and then disappeared..... two days and I still did not get a copy cuz the site will not direct me to paypal correctly. Used, Edge and Mozilla. My wife tried Safaria and Chrome. Man, that is a lesson in patience that lost out to frustration.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

Quick Note:  I think the AtariAge Homebrewers are Legends, Too!   I hope they realize that they have, for years, given me a reason to get out of bed in the morning and I hope they don't ever feel underappreciated.  They do Amazing work and put out technologically advanced, fun to play games, from the heart that are at or very often above the level of the commercial releases back in the day.

That said, other than a few comments (from either side and the peanut gallery), which could be misconstrued/misinterpreted/taken out of context,  I'm not really seeing an Us Vs Them attitude which some people (unfortunately) are.

Even looking at the title of this thread and considering what is going on today, well this is their moment,  their game.  That's why we're talking about it, and it in no way shape or form discounts what the amazing AtariAge homebrewers and community are (also) doing...

Homebrewers and game companies come and go... some are around longer and become 'family' to us on AtariAge... others are just doing a little side project with no intent on going any further than to say "I made a game".  Kind of like comics/books/music and other forms of media... Homebrewers have kept my 2600 humming along for years and some of my games from yesteryear have been played over and over as they hold a special place in my nostalgia.  

Thank you to all the people who make games... I don't call such folks 'Homebrewers' or 'Game Makers'... I'll call everyone an artist.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RGC said:

I'm glad it finally worked for you!

TBH,  I'm still pissed I had to use Chrome.  At which point, even if I wanted the super duper bomb diggety bathrobe trucker hat monogrammed butt scratcher edition, (which I did not),  I would have missed out.  I'm fine with the regular edition, though, as things go...

4 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

I'm glad it finally worked for you!

TBH,  I'm still pissed I had to use Chrome.  At which point, even if I wanted the super duper bomb diggety bathrobe trucker hat monogrammed butt scratcher edition, (which I did not),  I would have missed out.  I'm fine with the regular edition, though as things go...

Glad you got one has well. Strange the laptop I was using would not allow me to click the "buy now" button using Edge on Windows 10. I logged on to another laptop and worked fine using Edge. Go figure. It all worked out.

Edited by RGC
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RGC said:

ok, so 90 VIP editions, a minimum of 299 collector's editions and a minimum of 128 standard editions means that first hour sales are no less than 517 which is pretty good for a 2600 game.

ideally, the interest in new 2600 games from the "Old Masters" will also help stimulate sales in existing and new AA published games as well.  We'll see!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, D Train said:

ok, so 90 VIP editions, a minimum of 299 collector's editions and a minimum of 128 standard editions means that first hour sales are no less than 517 which is pretty good for a 2600 game.

ideally, the interest in new 2600 games from the "Old Masters" will also help stimulate sales in existing and new AA published games as well.  We'll see!

Yes!  Hopefully this initial rush of orders is an encouraging sign of support for them.  So far it's mostly the dedicated collectors, and I know we're in the minority, but it's certainly a strong start.  I'm sure it will generate some press, which can only help to spread the word about homebrew games in general.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Swami said:

I was probably still farting around on Chrome then. Sigh.

I had issues like most others did on my desktop but finally decided to give it a try on my phone and was able to snag what turned out to be the penultimate copy.

2 minutes ago, Omegamatrix said:

That's a pretty cool number to have (especially if you are a Gretzky fan). ?

...or Wilf Paiement.  :P