IGNORED

Ex-Activision Designers Launch Retro Game Publisher Audacity Games™

jaybird3rd

At least I got the Collector's Edition which has the ROM, despite the store site cluster f. I don't know, I guess maybe need to clear the cache before any of these things. Add that to the list of things that normally don't matter. SN 217

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, D Train said:

ok, so 90 VIP editions, a minimum of 299 collector's editions and a minimum of 128 standard editions means that first hour sales are no less than 517 which is pretty good for a 2600 game.

ideally, the interest in new 2600 games from the "Old Masters" will also help stimulate sales in existing and new AA published games as well.  We'll see!

The 90 VIP editions can be counted as part of the 299 collector's editions as the serial numbers begin at 100 for those, but we still need to do -10 like you alluded to for the 1-10 VIP editions which are reserved. So (299-10)+128 = 417 and counting.

1 minute ago, Psionic said:

I had issues like most others did on my desktop but finally decided to give it a try on my phone and was able to snag what turned out to be the penultimate copy.

...or Wilf Paiement.  :P

Ding dongs told us not to use our phones. Something else to add to the list of screw ups.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

Very nice!  Shells, boards, and labels too.  This is the first I've seen of the shell, and it definitely looks just like an Activision-style shell.  I'll be curious to see how it fits in the 7800.

You can check out the full shell (except inside) on the show, I do closeups near the end of the stream and it fits inside a 7800 quite tightly but works perfectly.

- James

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Omegamatrix said:

The 90 VIP editions can be counted as part of the 299 collector's editions as the serial numbers begin at 100 for those, but we still need to do -10 like you alluded to for the 1-10 VIP editions which are reserved. So (299-10)+128 = 417 and counting.

oh, duh.  of course.  highest standard edition now reported is 2206, so the number is now 495 and rising...

4 minutes ago, Swami said:

Ding dongs told us not to use our phones. Something else to add to the list of screw ups.

I tried my phone, a laptop and my desktop. I also tried chrome, edge and firefox. Finally got through on edge but only after jumping through tons of hoops and it was far too late for a VIP edition so I settled for a standard version.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say that the previous post about the VIP's being sold out was the cause of the server error is FALSE. I was logged in with Chrome and waiting 15 minutes early on the for sale button to go live. I clicked the button a few seconds after it went live. I was on the order page and made my selections and when I hit the buy now received the server error. This would have been 5:02pm. I tried FireFox and Edge but would not even go to the for sale page. I then tried with my phone to also get the server error. It was not a time/sold out issue, it was their website choking on the traffic.

adsddadsasdff.png

• Like 1

This post will probably get buried too, but I just thought of something I saw re-watching the stream. I saw one of the trailers had three guys on unicycles moving back and forth. At least that was what I thought it was and someone in the chat wrote the same thing. It was actually three snakes though, ha ha.

I don't think the graphics are bad, but yeah sometimes it's what your eyes see.

This post will probably get buried too, but I just thought of something I saw re-watching the stream. I saw one of the trailers had three guys on unicycles moving back and forth. At least that was what I thought it was and someone in the chat wrote the same thing. It was actually three snakes though, ha ha.

Yeah, I would not have thought those were snakes 

4 minutes ago, Omegamatrix said:

It was explained that they are supposed to be coral snakes I believe?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, neotokeo2001 said:

Just wanted to say that the previous post about the VIP's being sold out was the cause of the server error is FALSE. I was logged in with Chrome and waiting 15 minutes early on the for sale button to go live. I clicked the button a few seconds after it went live. I was on the order page and made my selections and when I hit the buy now received the server error. This would have been 5:02pm. I tried FireFox and Edge but would not even go to the for sale page. I then tried with my phone to also get the server error. It was not a time/sold out issue, it was their website choking on the traffic.

adsddadsasdff.png

For me, it kept going back to the opening page after logging in. This was the same thing happening yesterday, so it seemed like the same thing all over agin. Then someone said if you where already logged in when you when click the On Sale Now button, it wouldn't work, so after closing out and reopening Chrome, I managed to get to the login page after clicking the On Sale Now button and the ... got returned to the start page. So yeah, 15-20 minutes in now I went to edge and managed to get to the store site and got the error message, so either choked up or sold out by then. After clearing the cache on Chrome, I was able to get to the store, but too late for VIP then.

2 minutes ago, Swami said:

I was able to get to the store, but too late for VIP then.

I can remember going through this trying to buy concert tickets by phone in the 80s or baseball playoff tickets in the 90s.

my best success was always camping out and waiting on line...which you can't do for this.

times have changed!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Omegamatrix said:

Yellow and red hanging snakes or armless unicyclists from the Simpsons universe? You decide! ?

Granted, unicyclists fit more in the circus theme!

- James

image.thumb.png.1c8c0a95faab50b57cd68a535c7124dd.png

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, King_Salamon said:

I've had bad experiences with homebrew purchasing in the past... some games were made in such short runs that if you didn't get in on day one, you didn't have a chance to get a copy.  The Collectorvision games were like that and now you can get access to the digital copies through the club but I've long since walked away from the Colecovision scene.

There isn't a limit to the Circus Convoy games (ok theres a limit to the Collector's Editions but not the actual game) so to say you failed in buying one seems odd... you just stopped trying to order one it seems.  But to each their own.  I plan on making an AtariAge order in the next while myself (Deepstone Catacomb is calling my name!  lol)

It's a completely different scenario, though. Most homebrew are put out by (at best) a small team who expend very limited rersources in producing a finite run of physical games. They simply don't have the capacity to expand to meet demand, and I imagine that even putting together a small run of carts would be completely exhausting. So yes, I'm always disappointed when I miss out on a run, but I completely understand why I can't get a copy when I'm late.

This, however, is one of the most highly-anticipated releases for the 2600 in years in the larger retro-gaming community, and the rollout was pretty bad. Sure it's my choice not to waste more time refreshing my browser on a Sunday afternoon, but if life wanted me to have a copy on day one, I would have been able to buy one through their website when I tried the first ten times. :)

I also have a feeling that there will be plenty of copies up for sale in the Sales Forum pretty soon...

• Like 2

Okay, this could be a new thing that goes viral. What do you see? I've had it with these motherf*#@king snakes on a motherf*#@king convey!

967181868_UnicyclesorCoralSnakes.thumb.PNG.5bb04bf755133cd04f00e7768df05312.PNG

Exotic dildo-headed bombs with only one pink leg to stand on?

• Haha 5