IGNORED

Ex-Activision Designers Launch Retro Game Publisher Audacity Games™

jaybird3rd

9 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I thought they were unicyclists too. I still don’t see snakes at all. Other than this, the sprites look really good. 

The black portion at the bottom is supposed to be the snake's head. The rest of it is the body. I'm guessing it is supposed to be coming out of holes on the side of the car perhaps? I believe the heads move just a little while the rest of the body moves more so that would lead it to looking more like Unicyclists as well.

• Like 2

I've just read the manual for the back story and game play on Audacity's site. I get the basic game play now, but I am curious if you are allowed to repeat a sideshow to get the 5 stars, or if it is one and done which means you have to restart the game and try again. Also, looking forward to trying the transporter out, and hopefully there is a fly hanging around inside of it.

1 minute ago, Omegamatrix said:

I've just read the manual for the back story and game play on Audacity's site. I get the basic game play now, but I am curious if you are allowed to repeat a sideshow to get the 5 stars, or if it is one and done which means you have to restart the game and try again. Also, looking forward to trying the transporter out, and hopefully there is a fly hanging around inside of it.

I believe that if you die or leave (but some you can't leave) a sideshow before it's complete, you can try it again. Once you get your star rewards, the hatch closes and you don't get another attempt unless you restart the game.

- James

• Like 2

Been reading the facebook rants about this release and there seems to be quite a bit of anger out there that the site isn't working and ordering is being messed up. I have no dog in the race as this game seems too "busy" for my tastes in 2600 homebrews anyway, but it does make me appreciate the simple and straightforward way of ordering homebrews here with Al. I hope they get future releases to release smoother because despite my disinterest in this particular title I'm still interested in what they come up with going forward.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Yellow and red hanging snakes or armless unicyclists from the Simpsons universe? You decide! ?

Granted, unicyclists fit more in the circus theme!

- James

image.thumb.png.1c8c0a95faab50b57cd68a535c7124dd.png

Late to the party here,...But my first thought, (and it's what I'm going with)...SKULLPENISES!

I mean...Skulls wearing Penis-Hats of course...As paper airplanes fly overhead.

Edited by GoldLeader
Edited because I may have forgot to mention the penis-hats
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chad5200 said:

Who will get serial number 2600?

Heh. It would be funny if they threw in a little easter egg to that order number.

FWIW, a friend not on AtariAge bought her copy a little while ago and they were up well over #2200 for the Standard Edition. That's a couple hundred of those in two hours, plus 100 VIP edition and however many Collector's Editions. That's a lot of sales for two hours, it seems to me.

• Like 1

Not in a rush to receive mine, but wondering if the First Class/Mail Parcel shipping option for $3.69 gets sent in a box or a padded envelope? 

-edit-

Just heard how some new releases come with a fold_your_own box/cart combo. That's a new one on me, but probably how it's going to be shipped for that price then. I'll be paying a little extra in the hopes of *not* having it sent that way.  :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Yellow and red hanging snakes or armless unicyclists from the Simpsons universe? You decide! ?

Granted, unicyclists fit more in the circus theme!

- James

image.thumb.png.1c8c0a95faab50b57cd68a535c7124dd.png

Funny thing is I immediately saw them as snakes... I thought of the coral snakes as it took me back to Elementary school and my science project I did on snakes.  I drew some snakes (poorly mind you) so these were somewhat recognizable when I saw them. 

I'm glad to know that I'll get a patch for this title before earning it as it will give me something to achieve.  Lol I should take a picture with a 35mm camera with the flash on when I hit the score required so that I can put it in a photo album with my Pitfall patch score from 1982/3.  lol

• Like 2

Well, I was ready to snag one of the first 250 yesterday.. but today I got sidetracked and forgot all about it until just now.  Boo Hiss on me.  I got a collectors edition, though ... to be honest, I'm looking forward to Casey's Gold this summer as that was the game I was following development on.

I too had issues with logging in.  There is obviously something cached in the browser that didn't have a proper expiration date.  Even if I paste a working link to the store into the stuck browser, it just goes back to the editions page.  I'm too tired today to troubleshoot other people's code. :)

So, I'm thinking at this point they have sold 90VIP (remember 10 are reserved), 330Collectors units + however many standard.  If they sold 2200 standard, thats a cool $178k in 240 minutes.

Edit..  2200 - the previous numbers, standard units start at 2001 don't they?  So, around 48K in 240 minutes.  Math makes a difference. :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kheller2 said:

Edit..  2200 - the previous numbers, standard units start at 2001 don't they?  So, around 48K in 240 minutes.  Math makes a difference. :)

Yeah, I got #2006, and my friend referred to above got something like #2240 or something, and that was nearly 45 minutes ago when we spoke. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kheller2 said:

Well, I was ready to snag one of the first 250 yesterday.. but today I got sidetracked and forgot all about it until just now.  Boo Hiss on me.  I got a collectors edition, though ... to be honest, I'm looking forward to Casey's Gold this summer as that was the game I was following development on.

I too had issues with logging in.  There is obviously something cached in the browser that didn't have a proper expiration date.  Even if I paste a working link to the store into the stuck browser, it just goes back to the editions page.  I'm too tired today to troubleshoot other people's code. :)

So, I'm thinking at this point they have sold 90VIP (remember 10 are reserved), 330Collectors units + however many standard.  If they sold 2200 standard, thats a cool $178k in 240 minutes.

In a day or two when the mad rush is over, I suppose someone could log in a start a purchase to see what number the limited edition is at as well as the unlimited edition and do some math.  If they've done $50k on day one, it's gotta be a good start for them.  

I'm also looking forward to the June release of Casey's Gold!  Should be another fun game!  (I loved Keystone Kapers!)

• Like 1

Yeah, I tried first from an ipad the instant countdown ended, wouldn't go to sales page, tried a laptop few moments later, couldn't buy a VIP (Infamous error message) Gary did mention during the zero page stream that Dave was worried about the site having bandwidth issues/etc for the launch. I just bought a standard, was more just seeing if it would work at all lol. I'll probably go back and buy a limited later. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D Train said:

ok, so 90 VIP editions, a minimum of 299 collector's editions and a minimum of 128 standard editions means that first hour sales are no less than 517 which is pretty good for a 2600 game.

Wow, 14 years of Medieval Mayhem sales in 1 hour.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

1 hour ago, Andrew Davie said:

Just to back this up; Boulder Dash took about 9 years to complete. There were many periods during that time I was working extra-long hours. I tried a calculation the other day; let's assume I was only working on it 3 months of the year, but when I was working on it, it was pretty full on (which it was). But let's say I only spent 3 hours a night on it, during those 3 months. So how many hours is that?  3 (hours/day) * 7 (days/week) * 4 (weeks/month) * 3 (months/year)  * 9 (years) = 2268 hours. Now I'll say right now those numbers strike me as conservative, because I often worked 6-8 hours after work each and every day, and all day during weekends and holidays -- 16 hour days at least. And certainly for longer than 3 month stretches at a time.  It's quite possible I put 5000 hours into that game, and @Thomas Jentzsch probably at least as much as that, too.

I agree, for the most part, with @batari -- your observation about homebrewer time is way off the mark and can't be left unchallenged.

LOL you can't use yourself as an example because you're an OG like Activision.

4 hours ago, batari said:

That's one of the most false statements I have ever seen on this site.

Some homebrew authors have worked on 2600 projects just about every day for decades. And you think they have invested far less time?

There have been several homebrew projects that exceeded $10k. Do you think they invested "far more" than that?

This is exactly why some of us are wondering about the elitist attitudes, because you have basically minimized the efforts of homebrewers right here, exactly the thing some of us are talking about.

Disagree as OG's have been programming longer, that just seems like experience.

There's room for everyone but no one's going to think a modern homebrewer is Activision unless they can code like an OG.

There's a continuum here, you code like an OG and I think some modern homebrewers do too! ? 

Programming is individual; there are many bright programmers improving all the time on AtariAge with so many great development tools and teachers :)