IGNORED

Ex-Activision Designers Launch Retro Game Publisher Audacity Games™

jaybird3rd

I chose not to watch, so nothing has been spoiled. It's that simple. I hope the video returns soon. Posting a video labeled "spoilers" doesn't spoil anything, IMO.

I'm super curious about the quality of gameplay. Is it fun? How does it compare to great games from the past or recent memory? How does it compare to Panky The Panda or Aguna? Those are two of my favorite games of recent memory. :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Propane13 said:

I didn't dive into it in my post, but the existence of a completionist video so soon after release would suggest that the Designers didn't make the game as complex as they claimed.  Since the game was designed kind of in a vacuum (unlike publicly posted homebrews that typically have community feedback), the only info I have is from what other people play/post.  Sure, I can just shut out any Circus Convoy references and wait and see for myself when my copy arrives, but this thread has been all about sharing excitement and/or concerns.  I've experienced both.

Well, keep in mind, some of the best gamers around are the ones that are active in places like this, seeing a "great score" so quickly doesn't necessarily indicate "easy", or "not fun".

My actual guess-

The reason it would be "relatively easy", for "anyone" to complete, might just be on account of the timer.

They WANT people to be able to complete the game, the actual competition will wind up being who can do it to pixel perfection.

Just my guess, Occam's Razor stuff, but makes perfect sense to me.

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

The ROM name can't make a difference if you use Stella.

Except for an extension forcing a specific scheme, or a TV format embedded in the name.  I'm assuming that it's properly autodetecting the SB scheme, but I can't say for sure, as I don't have access to the ROM.

I just downloaded my digital copy. In Stella 6.2.1 it says

Type: SB (128-256K SUPERbank)

The file name is adgm_circ_SNXXXXXX[SB]. I don't know if that's part of the serial number so I didn't want to post it.

It seems to run fine and is awesome!

Less Grumpy Old Guy

Scott

• Like 2

On 3/24/2021 at 8:45 AM, King_Salamon said:

I do understand that there's a segment of the population that only watches videos like this and likely would never purchase the game.  

Raises hand. 

I have not played on original hardware in well more than 20 years, and it will be at least 5 more years before I am even in the same province as my 2600 consoles. At the same time, any extra money I have is allocated towards more important things than entertainment. 

That said, if I ever encounter a copy of this game at a thrift shop, however, I will buy it without hesitation. 

3 hours ago, alex_79 said:

It can't run on a standard Harmony cart, only on the Encore. And you need to use the firmware posted here:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/318521-harmony-encore-circus-convoy/?do=findComment&comment=4782378

Oh, I just looked I DO have a Harmony Encore!  I should be able to play soon.  thanks!

FYI, the new cart shells look and feel great, but it's a definite tight squeeze on a 7800 but the game looks fantastic on a CRT (S-video through a UAV mod I installed myself last year).

EDIT: had to put it in because it looks like one of the first with a real cart and frankly it’s terrible. Yes, it’s my first try. And no, I haven’t yet read the manual or watched the play through. Just winging it! ?

IMG_6331.JPG

22B34A12-225E-437B-B236-AE4BE69D93E1.jpeg

Edited by DrVenkman
Add “high” score
  • Like 6

50 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

FYI, the new cart shells look and feel great, but it's a definite tight squeeze on a 7800 but the game looks fantastic on a CRT (S-video through a UAV mod I installed myself last year).

IMG_6331.JPG

Nice! I can’t wait to see it on my Toshiba. My 7800 daily driver is S-video UAV modded (by @-^CrossBow^-) as well.?

Edited by sramirez2008
Spelling
  • Like 1

I haven't received any shipping notice email yet (I checked spam)... but when I log into my Audacity account, I was able to click the newly highlighted "Email Link" and have it email me my link for digital download.

Yet no shipping notification.  Just curious if I should expect a shipping alert email?

19 minutes ago, chad5200 said:

I haven't received any shipping notice email yet (I checked spam)... but when I log into my Audacity account, I was able to click the newly highlighted "Email Link" and have it email me my link for digital download.

Yet no shipping notification.  Just curious if I should expect a shipping alert email?

You are fortunate. Luckily I logged into their website from my phone and saw the link, clicked it, and downloaded the ROM to my phone. I checked their website just now with my computer and it still shows as "ordered" and doesn't display an email button. They really need to fix their website. I've never encountered these issues anywhere else.

update: I just cleared all the data in my browser, logged in again, and now I see the link.

Edited by john_q_atari

33 minutes ago, chad5200 said:

Same here