IGNORED

Ex-Activision Designers Launch Retro Game Publisher Audacity Games™

jaybird3rd

9 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Tracking info & ROM provided this morning.  I purchased #107 of the Collectors Edition.  Fear not, the carts are coming.?

Ok, I am #299 collectors edition. I gotta hear something soon

Still no tracking number, but my account let me download the game last night.  Just finished my first attempt with Stella.  And even after watching the ZPH premier 2 weeks ago and knowing a little bit about it, I totally sucked.  So I probably won't be submitting any high scores anytime soon.  :D

Totally fun though!  Worked fine with Stella, and I was using my X-Arcade TankStick.

The look and feel is completely like old school Activision.  It's amazing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thanatos said:

Just finished my first attempt with Stella.

Glad you were able to give things a shot today! I haven't been able to try myself since last night. I hope to put some time in myself this weekend, though I hold no illusions that I'll do very well. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Glad you were able to give things a shot today! I haven't been able to try myself since last night. I hope to put some time in myself this weekend, though I hold no illusions that I'll do very well. :)

It's odd, I kinda feel like I am participating in another moment of Atari history, as lame as that might sound.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

I'll probably get some hate for this, but playing this through Stella with state saving is the way to go, at least until you master the game. I was getting extremely frustrated with my progress, and having to start all over from the very beginning. I know that's the way we used to do things, but times have changed and I'm sure many of us just don't have the time or patience anymore. I'm having a great time now that I've activated state saving. Unless the physical cart has some sort of save feature, I don't see myself even opening it up.

No hate here, I'm just glad that the high score list has a separation for which platform the score was achieved on as those playing on cartridge have a harder time due to not having the luxury of save states.

I see someone already has 89 stars on emulator. I guess it'll be a battle of time to get top spot. :)

Judging by the game play times and number of stars found, I'm not worried about game length. It looks like it'll take a good amount of time to find a decent amount of them before you get to know where things are.

Edited by slacker

On 3/25/2021 at 7:39 PM, stephena said:

Except for an extension forcing a specific scheme, or a TV format embedded in the name.  I'm assuming that it's properly autodetecting the SB scheme, but I can't say for sure, as I don't have access to the ROM.

SB is the fallback for 128K carts. So unless they accidentally added any code which triggers other 128K bankswitching, it is detected automatically.

I'm having a ball playing in Stella. However, my favorite platforms are FB9 and the FB Portable. I have all the Activision games and my favorite Atari titles loaded. When at home, I like the HDMI on my modern monitor from the FB9. The portable lives in my backpack and I find grabbing it to kill time when I'm out traveling sure beats internet surfing.

CC won't run on them. I guess its the memory size. If anyone smarter than me figures out how to get it to run on those platforms, I sure would be appreciative.

Scott

15 hours ago, mgas said:

CC won't run on them. I guess its the memory size. If anyone smarter than me figures out how to get it to run on those platforms, I sure would be appreciative.

The portable uses a (quite inaccurate) proprietary emulator that probably only supports bankswitching schemes used in original games. So it's unlikely that the game will ever work there.

The FB9 uses a very outdated version of Stella (3.x), but  should in theory support the bankswitching scheme used by CC (Superbanking), as it was added in Stella 2.5.
If it doesn't work then maybe the autodetection fails or the game crashes because of some bugs in the emulator (that old version lacks the accurate TIA core of the current Stella).

Edited by alex_79
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SpiceWare said:

No for me, was wondering this as well.

Collectors edition,  no shipping email yet.

Has anyone received the game in the mail without receiving a tracking email?

Edited by RGC

Thank you for the reply Alex. I've been meaning to go back and give Retro Pi another look. Maybe this is a good excuse :)

I'm having fun with the game. I keep getting stumped and my old patience are not what they used to be. I think I need to go back thru the ZPH interview again ;)

As I said the other day when I received my copy, I will never log a true high score even if ever do manage to finish the whole thing. And I haven't been able to play this weekend until just now due to a combination of things, but I did just manage to log this score, which I post purely to amuse my Inner 8th Grader regarding my current slot on the leaderboard ... *snort*

image.thumb.png.997ebe81ca8e280963a940711f2c158d.png

• Haha 3