IGNORED

Ex-Activision Designers Launch Retro Game Publisher Audacity Games™

jaybird3rd

A couple of things:   I did an unboxing and gameplay of Circus Convoy on my Facebook page(link in my signature), as well as uploading a recorded interview with Audacity Games this afternoon on my YouTube channel at 4:00 pm Pacific.   

Audacity Games Interivew Thumb.png

Edited by swlovinist
  • Like 7

I really love the work these guys have done in the past. Pitfall and Keystone Kapers are my favorite Atari games.
I would love to have this new launch made by this legendary trio. But I will stay on the reserve bench, for now.
As my national currency is highly inflated, it does not pay to make such an investment at the moment.
Was there any indication that they may also release the digital version for purchase in the future?

On 3/25/2021 at 7:30 PM, john_q_atari said:

If it wasn't shrinkwrapped people would have called it homebrew! ?

It is, shrinkwrap means nothing, released plenty of sealed ones.  Where is the company?  A P.O. Box, that is all you need to know really.

• Like 2

Got my box today, game is awesome of course but packaging seems lackluster compared to stuff Al puts out here on AA. However, cartridge, label, box and manual are in theme with what a boxed Activision game would be in the 80s.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Atari_Warlord said:

Received the collector version with the patch yesterday.  Do we need to do the in game registration process?  I thought it was automatically registered when we ordered.

What number collector edition are you? I am 299 and still have not received a shipping email

From what I've seen in this thread, I don't think they're shipping things in any kind of order.

ADDENDUM:  "any kind of specific order"...  they might be doing random batches.

At the end of the day, it's potentially just David and Garry (2 people) trying to ship ~1000 boxed items.  They're a very small company, so it's going to take awhile.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, splendidnut said:

From what I've seen in this thread, I don't think they're shipping things in any kind of order.

At the end of the day, it's potentially just David and Garry (2 people) trying to ship ~1000 boxed items.  They're a very small company, so it's going to take awhile.

That may be true for the Collectors and VIP editions, which have more stuff to keep track of and bigger boxes to compile, but I think the Standards are going pretty much in order from the posts I’ve seen on Facebook this past week.  

40 minutes ago, splendidnut said:

Yeah, from what I've seen they are packaged well so I'm guessing a few hundred a week will get out in the mail at best. I remember selling like a hundred things once between here/ebay/etc all at once....was a nightmare to ship haha

I knew I was late to the party anyway...but dang, #2545.  So...hard...to...wait!

IIRC I thought I was on their mailing list about the game from their old website, and never got notified.  I should've been following this forum, dang it.

Got my order in on 3/25, now regretting I didn't get a fancier edition, didn't realize with the standard that I don't get a DL code.  Ugh.

Had a rough week, brain not work right.  Fire good?  

But...this is an amazing project and so glad there's so much excitement for it!

• Like 1

I wish Audacity would do more to embrace the homebrew/AA community. I would have liked to see a nod to AA on their site or somehow in the game. Al and the programmers here have kept the torch burning so that Audacity can do what they are doing now. I think of Tod Frye's reaction to DINTAR816's Pacman. His reaction to the quality of Pacman was so earnest, so genuine. Audacity paid some lip service to the homebrew scene on ZPH homebrew video but that was just in passing. I haven't felt much excitement for Circus Convoy because of this. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, splendidnut said:

What do you think this is?  Some kind of homebrew release?  (Sorry - I couldn't resist).

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm not sure.  They seem to have gone out of their way to try and differentiate themselves via a repeated mantra.  But I've yet to see how they really differentiate from what AtariAge is doing.  Although they probably don't seek out nor accept submissions of games developed outside the "company".  It's all developed "in-house" so-to-speak.  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just got mine!   Standard Edition;  Haven't opened it yet...

I don't recall my number (Standard Edition so  really doesn't matter) and can't find the email with it...Strangely I just found the 2 unread emails they sent telling me to confirm my email, LOL...I wonder where those were hiding?

• Like 2