IGNORED

Ex-Activision Designers Launch Retro Game Publisher Audacity Games™

jaybird3rd

On 4/5/2021 at 1:39 PM, sramirez2008 said:

It is cool. I would place it in a nice case.  I have several of the ones pictured below, for my favs.  I've also used them in the past to transport games home from PRGE, etc.  Don't want a new CIB to get crushed, during my travel back home. There are not cheap, but are a quality case.  I purchased them from Collectible Grading Authority.  The SKU# was ATRBX.

CGA Atari Cases.jpg

I was there when Ed signed your Halo 2600 box!!!! 100% real!

DSCN2651.JPG

DSCN2666.JPG

DSCN2665.JPG

DSCN2652.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

I can't get the QR code to register at all. I'm wondering if it's because my TV is started to fail and has a slightly bowed image... (upper left side of big TV)

2.jpg

Hah, if I can't get the QR code to work, it will just remind me of the days where not a single attempt of taking an Activision high score game picture with my 110 camera would have the score after the film was developed.  It would always end up being a band in the screen somewhere where the score was not.  No patches for me ever.  :(

And if I ever make it back up to MN, I will bring a ton of beer to hang out in your basement!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

The QR code is killing me. I played for a bit after work today while it was still light out and it took me forever to get it to scan. I was just about to give up when it finally "clicked". Just played a bit more now that it's late at night with all the lights off and it scanned the second I pointed it at the screen. It must be really touchy to outside lighting. When I point at the screen with my camera app, it asks me if I want to open the QR code text in a text editor right away so I'm guessing it's something to do with the Javascript or something on their page that they're using to detect the QR code.

8 hours ago, neotokeo2001 said:

And Patchgate has begun.... I would think all the VIP Editions should get a patch since they sold out in 10 minutes.

No Patchgate from me. :) I ordered mine late in the night of the day it was released so I'm well past the first 250. I just found it interesting that my invoice number was lower than someone who was one of the first 250 people. Maybe they had a set of higher invoice ids set aside for those getting patches already.

Edited by slacker

3 hours ago, slacker said:

The QR code is killing me. I played for a bit after work today while it was still light out and it took me forever to get it to scan. I was just about to give up when it finally "clicked". Just played a bit more now that it's late at night with all the lights off and it scanned the second I pointed it at the screen. It must be really touchy to outside lighting. When I point at the screen with my camera app, it asks me if I want to open the QR code text in a text editor right away so I'm guessing it's something to do with the Javascript or something on their page that they're using to detect the QR code.

I know the code is ultra secret, but I would like to know which format it has? How many pixels (e.g. 21x21 or 25x25) is it?

1 minute ago, Nathan Strum said:

There are a few screenshots of the QR code in the ZPH interview

Yes, but these are not for the score (which is dynamic) but for static information. The latter could be hard coded and have a different format than the score QR code.

15 hours ago, fakecortex said:

holy guacamole your room dude. i don't suppose you could try it on another tv? hahaha. but good luck man.

Thanks man! 1.thumb.jpg.d8319651852e740017dff156f9721bc4.jpg

Yeah, tried a different TV with no luck, I think all the glare, neon, LED stuff I have going on is creating too much interference.

15 hours ago, slacker said:

Even with Chrome, it seemed to be picky when trying to get a picture. The room I have everything set up in has windows on 3 of the walls and the small glare from the sun was throwing it off until I closed the blinds completely.

After trying a different TV last night I think this is my problem too. I've got light reflecting everywhere...

10 hours ago, thanatos said:

Hah, if I can't get the QR code to work, it will just remind me of the days where not a single attempt of taking an Activision high score game picture with my 110 camera would have the score after the film was developed.  It would always end up being a band in the screen somewhere where the score was not.  No patches for me ever.  :(

And if I ever make it back up to MN, I will bring a ton of beer to hang out in your basement!

haha, dude...I had that happen so many times too. I still have some of the failed pictures somewhere. Hell yeah man, c'mon over!

6 hours ago, slacker said:

I'm going to build a fort out of couch cushions around my TV to block all the light!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crazy Climber said:

Yeah, tried a different TV with no luck, I think all the glare, neon, LED stuff I have going on is creating too much interference.

That's probably it.  My TV is in a dark corner of my game room with no reflecting light and I had no trouble getting it to scan.  My only issue has been that my iPhone then wants to open up the website via the camera app which doesn't save my login credentials so I have to enter them in each time.  But that's just a quirk of iOS. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Tempest said:

That's probably it.  My TV is in a dark corner of my game room with no reflecting light and I had no trouble getting it to scan.  My only issue has been that my iPhone then wants to open up the website via the camera app which doesn't save my login credentials so I have to enter them in each time.  But that's just a quirk of iOS. 

Yeah, I might run a splitter off my atari to another little small 9" TV that I can't find any purpose for and just tuck it away somewhere dark for the sole purpose of QR code screen shots. Seems kind of stupid but why not, it's not being used anyways haha

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

I just got my VIP #93 package delivered! Gotta say, WOW! They did a damn amazing job. Love all the little goodies!

yes, I got my patch too :)

I'm torn about opening it up. I mean, its meant to be enjoyed but then on the other hand its... Anyone get their rom copy? does it work on harmony cart?

just order a standard to play then bury your VIP edition in your yard in an airtight container

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Has anyone tried to dump a ROM of their game using an AtariMax and get a working ROM?  I have a SE copy of the game (hence no ROM) and an AtariMax but not the 2600 adapter.  So, before I go and buy said adapter it would be good to know if this works.  I'd really like to be able to have the option to not only play the cart of the game on my 2600 Jr. but also a ROM with Stella when I don't have access to the console.  I'd have been quite happy to have paid a little more to get a ROM from Audacity but unfortunately that's not an option they're offering.

On 4/7/2021 at 1:44 PM, bfstats said:

It works on Harmony Encore with the latest BIOS. Plays quite nicely!

Agreed! I have a few games uploaded on the leaderboards (nothing amazing) and they show up as 'Emulator' when played via my Encore.  I also saved my original and current high scores (achieved via the cartridge) and they appropriately display as 'Cartridge'. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

I just got my VIP #93 package delivered! Gotta say, WOW! They did a damn amazing job. Love all the little goodies!

yes, I got my patch too :)

I'm torn about opening it up. I mean, its meant to be enjoyed but then on the other hand its... Anyone get their rom copy? does it work on harmony cart?

I feel you. I needed two copies Boulder Dash. I wish a rom came with the standard version, but it is what it is. 

30 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

Been complete silence since I placed my order, would be nice to have some idea of what is happening to my order. 

Was my experience too... I even reached out to them with my order number asking for status but I just got mine the other day.

I watched a video where they were explaining why it was taking so long

29 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

Been complete silence since I placed my order, would be nice to have some idea of what is happening to my order. 

You and me both, man. I've seen at least one person with a higher serial number than mine get their shipping notice already, so either they're going out of order, or something got screwed up.  I would try to inquire with them, but the answer to "when am I going to get X thing" is always "in the amount of time it was already going to take, plus the extra time it took to deal with this question."  Have we got any idea what the general trend between order and shipping notice has been?  I'm at 24 days right now I think.

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

watched a video where they were explaining why it was taking so long

Link or it didn't happen.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MrTrust said:

You and me both, man. I've seen at least one person with a higher serial number than mine get their shipping notice already, so either they're going out of order, or something got screwed up.  I would try to inquire with them, but the answer to "when am I going to get X thing" is always "in the amount of time it was already going to take, plus the extra time it took to deal with this question."  Have we got any idea what the general trend between order and shipping notice has been?  I'm at 24 days right now I think.

Link or it didn't happen.

Around the 10 min mark.

• Like 2