IGNORED

Ex-Activision Designers Launch Retro Game Publisher Audacity Games™

jaybird3rd

13 hours ago, fakecortex said:

My login QR scans just fine, but the score is not ☹️ Tried it on three different TVs. Will have to try during the day, perhaps it’s the lighting in my room. 

Having fun with the game, just disappointed with the scan not working. 

I was also having issues with just the score page scanning. I changed the brightness and contrast to the default center location on my TV settings and the QR code scans on the first try now on the score page. The screen looks a little darker than I'd like but at least I'm not fighting the QR code registering on the camera.

Edited by slacker
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MrTrust said:

I haven't reached that point yet obviously, but I know I will soon.  My one real gripe I have is that if you got yours late, you didn't get to be part of the big scramble on the leaderboards.  The top score had been reached tens of tines over, so now it's going to be a fight over seconds.  Nothing that can be done about it, of course, and that's just kind of the nature of these fixed beat-the-best time games, but the leaderboard is the big attraction for the game, and getting into that upper echelon is going to be tough.

Not that I probably could anyway, given how middling I am in the HSC here, bit it would be nice to have that hope to shoot for.

I agree on the gripe, it feels like I've totally missed the boat on being a part of the fun of the game's leaderboards.

2 hours ago, Mockduck said:

I agree on the gripe, it feels like I've totally missed the boat on being a part of the fun of the game's leaderboards.

I haven't been on yet, but has it been reached ten times over on actual hardware? I could see doing it with save states...but actually hardware, leaves little room for error as far as I can tell...

7 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

I haven't been on yet, but has it been reached ten times over on actual hardware? I could see doing it with save states...but actually hardware, leaves little room for error as far as I can tell...

Just a few times with the cart.  It is a bit harder, using actual hardware.

image.thumb.png.9bb9703f0f8189fb3ea0b47e3157c6ef.png

• Like 2

On 4/13/2021 at 12:58 PM, Dan Iacovelli said:

got my collectors edition on monday played it today, was able to scan qr code to login(using a qr reader app) but when I went register score couldn't do so via website. camera wasn't working with chrome on phone. my phone is an S4 so doesn't have an Qr reader included

I found out that chrome mobile browser  on android doesn't have QR reader in firefox does but when I try open firefox on my phone it crashes

Edited by Dan Iacovelli
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dan Iacovelli said:

I found out that chrome mobile browser  on android doesn't have QR reader in firefox does but when I try open firefox on my phone it crashes

Firefox on mobile didn't work for me either. Chrome worked though. Also using Android.

5 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

Wow, what a sucker I am.  I didn't even consider that anyone might not play it straight on emulation but still upload their code.  That's cheesey.

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2021 at 5:15 PM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

We discussed this in a different thread. It didn't seem to be too expensive later in in 80s.

Wouldn't that have also been during a time when they moved from color to black and white manuals? I don't see them spending the extra money regardless of how economical it was at that point.

7 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

If you are still looking for a good QR code scanner for Android, I suggest SecScanQR or Binary Eye. Both are open source, ad free and only need minimal rights.

James recommended Binary Eye on the ZPH stream talking about how he has gotten quicker/more accurate results with it. I got it, and my experiences seem to match his so far.

• Like 1

Played a few minutes last night finally with time permitting, game seems cool! I was able to set up the QR code without major issue on my Samsung 17" CRT, but I will say that it read much more quickly and without issue when I pulled the phone back so the QR code took up less space in the scanner box. Maybe try that if you are having an issue. If you think of the scanner box as size 1, I kept the QR code in the center but at approximately a bit over half the size of the scanner box. Seemed small on the screen but read quickly. 

I was immediately struck by both how "Atari-like" the sound was but also how much more complex it is than you'd ever see back in the day. Same with graphics. While it looks like an old Atari game of the mid-80's and beyond, there is way more going on than you'd have ever seen back then. In a good way though! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, john_q_atari said:

The patch seems printed also based on what I can see in the photo. Is it common for patches to be printed and not embroidered these days?

the old activision patches were all printed, so I assume that's why these are printed, too.  I bet that they're cheaper this way also.  embroidery charges are generally by the stitch.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, livingonwheels said:

Yes, I suppose your right. Does seem to be printed. Here's another view with better lighting:

DSC01414.JPG

Its a nice looking patch.  Mine shipped earlier in the week, so I expect it sometime next week.  

• Like 1

Had more issues with the score not scanning today ?  But when the time comes to get that patch, if the code doesn't scan, I figure maybe they would accept a photo of the screen considering it does have your serial number there. I sure hope so. I'm wondering if that was intentional for validating scores submitted the old fashioned way.