IGNORED

Ex-Activision Designers Launch Retro Game Publisher Audacity Games™

jaybird3rd

1 minute ago, john_q_atari said:

Sorry to hear that. I was able to get VIP edition on edge but I opened edge for the first time this week to do it. Maybe a cache issue or website glitch. Sucks for sure. On the bright side I'm not sure I care for all the extras so feel free to PM me and if I eventually decide to part with some pieces I'll send them on to a good home.

Good for you!  No matter what I tried, there was no buy it.  It kept giving me *** SERVER ERROR *** FAIL_UPDATE!  Annoying, to say the least.  Thanks for the offer, though.  :) 

6 minutes ago, Tempest said:

I ended up using my work laptop with Chrome to buy it.  I killed all the cookies but it still wont work with Firefox.  Whatever, I got my standard edition.

Serial number is 2074.  I wonder what they started at or if they're randomized?

According to their website: 1-100 are for the limited edition, 101-2000 are for the collector's edition, so they probably started numbering the standard editions at 2001.

I broke down and used Fucking Chrome.   Damn I hate that!   I did Not want to use that when I prefer Firefox and they did not tell people that Firefox wouldn't work...I honestly considered just saying Screw It!

The way I see it they're lucky I bought it at all.  Serial #2128.  They seem like nice guys and the game looks amazing,  but the experience was not a good one.

2 hours ago, batari said:

That's one of the most false statements I have ever seen on this site.

Some homebrew authors have worked on 2600 projects just about every day for decades. And you think they have invested far less time?

Just to back this up; Boulder Dash took about 9 years to complete. There were many periods during that time I was working extra-long hours. I tried a calculation the other day; let's assume I was only working on it 3 months of the year, but when I was working on it, it was pretty full on (which it was). But let's say I only spent 3 hours a night on it, during those 3 months. So how many hours is that?  3 (hours/day) * 7 (days/week) * 4 (weeks/month) * 3 (months/year)  * 9 (years) = 2268 hours. Now I'll say right now those numbers strike me as conservative, because I often worked 6-8 hours after work each and every day, and all day during weekends and holidays -- 16 hour days at least. And certainly for longer than 3 month stretches at a time.  It's quite possible I put 5000 hours into that game, and @Thomas Jentzsch probably at least as much as that, too.

I agree, for the most part, with @batari -- your observation about homebrewer time is way off the mark and can't be left unchallenged.

I know this will be drowned by the "I got one!" posts, or bitching about how "I didn't get one yet this sucks".

Edited by Andrew Davie
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2