IGNORED

Ex-Activision Designers Launch Retro Game Publisher Audacity Games™

jaybird3rd

45 minutes ago, splendidnut said:

I'm not sure.  They seem to have gone out of their way to try and differentiate themselves via a repeated mantra.  But I've yet to see how they really differentiate from what AtariAge is doing.  Although they probably don't seek out nor accept submissions of games developed outside the "company".  It's all developed "in-house" so-to-speak.  :)

They are different, they are not a publisher for other developers.  Just a self-published title, like everything else.  A company would have the orders ready to ship, before accepting orders.  Made to order is like Etsy, which is homebrew. :P

• Like 9

3 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

They are different, they are not a publisher for other developers.  Just a self-published title, like everything else.  A company would have the orders ready to ship, before accepting orders.  Made to order is like Etsy, which is homebrew. :P

Bingo.  I know they were up front about their games being made-to-order, but they also beat their chests about being A Real Big Boy Legitimate Game Company, and gave the impression that they were all ready for the big launch when the game went on sale.  I can only speak for myself, but this was a big influence on my decision to pony up the premium price for the game.  We're, what, 17 days out from the game going on sale, and people who ordered right out the gate still haven't heard word one about what the time table is going to be?

Nobody give me this "Well, this ain't Amazon" bullshit either.  You want to talk the talk of being a "premium" game company, then at least a simple courtesy e-mail or tweet to let people know when they're not getting what they were led to believe they were getting is in order.  If you weren't set up to handle even 1,000 orders in a timely manner, y'ain't any different from anyone else who deals in these kinds of products, and you ought not to be trying to give anyone an impression otherwise.

At the end of the day, no human being ever died or went broke from not receiving a toy on time; this is not the end of the world.  The game looks good.  People are saying it's worth the wait.  Cool.  I like the guys' work, and I don't begrudge them getting compensated for their time and investment.  Until I have the thing in my 7800 and finding the game makes up for the wait, however, this is leaving a sour taste in my mouth about the enterprise, and I don't feel any need to not say so, or defend the company.  Under-promise and over-deliver if you don't want people crawling up your nose over stuff like this.  

Edited by MrTrust
  • Like 9

2066 just landed and I was able to order in time to be one of the first 250.  yay!

last time we checked, we were at (444-10 on March 20) 434 VIP sales and now there are 545 standard edition sales (as of 5/25) for a total of 979.

I wonder what the actual number of sales is now?

1 minute ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I got my ship notification Saturday. As of yesterday it was showing a possible delivery for tomorrow. But given the USPS currently, that could be today or end of next week?

my proposed delivery date was today, and mine arrived today.  so hope springs eternal, etc, etc

Just now, D Train said:

my proposed delivery date was today, and mine arrived today.  so hope springs eternal, etc, etc

Yeah but something I mailed off on the 23rd for 2 days priority, only just finally left my city like 2 days ago and doesn't show any updates since. Only that it will be arriving later than expected. This is now twice in a row this has happened with USPS. Heavily considering only using UPS and FedEx for a bit.

• Like 1

Well, I was joking about it but #2206 standard edition was indeed in my mailbox when I got home from work. So why a first class packaged that technically didn't even ship until yesterday morning is already in my mailbox in one day, but a package I sent on the 23rd for 2-day priority didn't even leave my city until the 27th is beyond my understanding right now. Still, I got mine and will likely give it a go finally later tonight on my 7800.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Well, I was joking about it but #2206 standard edition was indeed in my mailbox when I got home from work. So why a first class packaged that technically didn't even ship until yesterday morning is already in my mailbox in one day, but a package I sent on the 23rd for 2-day priority didn't even leave my city until the 27th is beyond my understanding right now. Still, I got mine and will likely give it a go finally later tonight on my 7800.

Did your game show up packed into a shipping box? I was hesitant using the first class since it was under 4 dollars if I remember correctly. I thought it could possibly show up in a bubble envelope so I went with priority.

7 minutes ago, AtariBrian said:

Did your game show up packed into a shipping box? I was hesitant using the first class since it was under 4 dollars if I remember correctly.

I already posted about this last week when my order (#2006) arrived. Yes, it came in a nice sturdy box, despite me picking the cheapest USPS first-class mail for shipping.

IMG_6323.JPG

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AtariBrian said:

Did your game show up packed into a shipping box? I was hesitant using the first class since it was under 4 dollars if I remember correctly. I thought it could possibly show up in a bubble envelope so I went with priority.

Yes it did same as @DrVenkman's did above. In fact it was in a bubble wrap bag within the box along with a printed invoice for the game purchase.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 3:02 AM, slacker said:

No hate here, I'm just glad that the high score list has a separation for which platform the score was achieved on as those playing on cartridge have a harder time due to not having the luxury of save states.

I see someone already has 89 stars on emulator. I guess it'll be a battle of time to get top spot. :)

Judging by the game play times and number of stars found, I'm not worried about game length. It looks like it'll take a good amount of time to find a decent amount of them before you get to know where things are.

I've been playing on emulation and am glad the high score list shows platform as well. I'd really like to see the option to filter by platform, or for there to be two scoreboards, as I see a lone console player at the bottom of the top ten, but really they're #1 among console players.

I'm intrigued by how several people have more than 80 stars, since the game says there are 80 total. Maybe there are bonus stars to be found if one uncovers all the game's secrets. So far using no save states I've managed 60 out of 80, and 4 out of 5 keys. It's a game I'll definitely be playing for some time to come, especially with the Perfect Game patch enticing me to keep trying.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rambling Dan said:

I'm intrigued by how several people have more than 80 stars, since the game says there are 80 total. Maybe there are bonus stars to be found if one uncovers all the game's secrets. So far using no save states I've managed 60 out of 80, and 4 out of 5 keys. It's a game I'll definitely be playing for some time to come, especially with the Perfect Game patch enticing me to keep trying.

I believe the easter egg that David Crane mentions in the manual likely takes you past the 80 stars I'm guessing?

• Like 1

Got mine a couple of days ago! Standard edition #2222.

This morning I got another shipping notification from Audacity with another tracking number. Any idea what that's about? I didn't order anything else or pay for any extras. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BassGuitari said:

Got mine a couple of days ago! Standard edition #2222.

This morning I got another shipping notification from Audacity with another tracking number. Any idea what that's about? I didn't order anything else or pay for any extras. 

Can't comment on your second shipping notice, but you definitely got a sweet number!

• Like 1