IGNORED

Ex-Activision Designers Launch Retro Game Publisher Audacity Games™

jaybird3rd

Posted my first score! #76 in the world playing on a real cartridge!

... out of 78.

EDIT: man, my gator jumping timing is shot. I’m playing on a CRT, but a very crappy and late (mid 2000s) CRT, and it almost feels like there’s lag. There is some really weird and suspicious aliasing, as if it’s being digitally processed:

E8B91E4E-2748-4BE3-A31F-CDD3DD79982A.thumb.jpeg.a9e2bcef584fb39a74607f576a7d6088.jpeg

The moire pattern is real, not a trick of the camera.

Admittedly, I am using a truly horrible, ancient Radio Shack RF switch. But that looks like digital noise, or at least digitized analog noise.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Posted my first score! #76 in the world playing on a real cartridge!

... out of 78.

EDIT: man, my gator jumping timing is shot. I’m playing on a CRT, but a very crappy and late (mid 2000s) CRT, and it almost feels like there’s lag. There is some really weird and suspicious aliasing, as if it’s being digitally processed:

E8B91E4E-2748-4BE3-A31F-CDD3DD79982A.thumb.jpeg.a9e2bcef584fb39a74607f576a7d6088.jpeg

Admittedly, I am using a truly horrible, ancient Radio Shack RF switch. But that looks like digital noise, or at least digitized analog noise.

I'd strongly suggest ditching the switchbox for an adapter (or better A/B switch) and getting a good quality RF cable (or even just moving your existing one away from sources of interference). You could clean up that picture a lot.

I wrote up a couple of blog posts about improving RF here: https://atariage.com/forums/blogs/entry/16992-fix-your-rf/ and here: https://atariage.com/forums/blogs/entry/17013-rf-addendum/

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

That looks pretty bad and the colors seem off. Do your other games also have the same issue?

4 hours ago, slacker said:

That looks pretty bad and the colors seem off. Do your other games also have the same issue?

Yes. This is a heavy sixer that has lived in suboptimal moisture conditions at my family’s cottage for several decades, so I expect a recap is in order. I should probably open it up and see what’s what.

2 hours ago, Rambling Dan said:

Normally you should just bounce off them. They're only meant to get in the way not be killer bunnies :) 

Oh, you're right. I just checked it on my Atari Jr. and you just bounce off. But on my old Tele-games heavy sixer I get a QR code for the guide. Still not too bad. You don't loose a life. Just the annoyance of having to hit the select button, which is a pretty good deterrent. :)

Really curious what technical difference would cause this though. ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/31/2021 at 10:20 PM, BassGuitari said:

Got mine a couple of days ago! Standard edition #2222.

This morning I got another shipping notification from Audacity with another tracking number. Any idea what that's about? I didn't order anything else or pay for any extras. 

So Audacity actually sent me a second copy. ? Same order number and serial number! ?‍♂️

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, BassGuitari said:

So Audacity actually sent me a second copy. ? Same order number and serial number! ?‍♂️

Looks like someone has got a "forever sealed" copy that will go for $500 in 30 years.

Or if you sell it to someone now, you get to share the high score table?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got a chance to dig into this on the weekend.

The quality of everything is great and the label was on perfectly straight (according to fonzie of watermelon games, this is the hardest part of assembling a game lol) Shrinkwrap was a little annoying to remove but whatever, I get it...

The game itself I'm pretty impressed with, it's really fun to play. The replay value is high and figuring out how/where/when to use the items is a blast...sometimes literally? hehehe

I'm only a few hours in but I didn't want to stop. I'm at work now but still thinking about it. Every game I made it a little further or found some new puzzle to figure out. It's tough but I never really felt angry or cheated by the deaths. I'll probably get to a point where I need some hints but I can secure around 20 stars so far. Yeah, I'm really happy with it, definitely exceeded my expectations, it's just a damn good game!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, chad5200 said:

Looks like someone has got a "forever sealed" copy that will go for $500 in 30 years.

Or if you sell it to someone now, you get to share the high score table?

It's just gonna stay sealed, I guess. ?‍♂️ Doesn't make sense to sell it, or for anyone else to buy it since it's tied to my account. Anything anyone else would do with it score/patchwise would be credited or sent to me.

But I guess I have the only sealed duplicate Circus Convoy #2222 in existence, so that's cool, right? ?‍♂️?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BassGuitari said:

It's just gonna stay sealed, I guess. ?‍♂️ Doesn't make sense to sell it, or for anyone else to buy it since it's tied to my account. Anything anyone else would do with it score/patchwise would be credited or sent to me.

But I guess I have the only sealed duplicate Circus Convoy #2222 in existence, so that's cool, right? ?‍♂️?

Wow - you have 2 of game 2222.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, BassGuitari said:

It is cool. I would place it in a nice case.  I have several of the ones pictured below, for my favs.  I've also used them in the past to transport games home from PRGE, etc.  Don't want a new CIB to get crushed, during my travel back home. There are not cheap, but are a quality case.  I purchased them from Collectible Grading Authority.  The SKU# was ATRBX.

CGA Atari Cases.jpg

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, mgas said:

But wouldn't the honest thing to do be to send it back?

That would be cool, right?

Of course. However, I’m assuming that he would want to keep it, in which case, he would have to pay for it.  That should go without needing to actually be said.