IGNORED

SMS emulators that don't graphically glitch in a recorded video?

retrorussell

Hey all.

Got the (newest) emulator Kega Fusion and it plays SMS games just great.  However.. its recording process has the colors smeared all over the screen sometimes in some games.  As in, it plays fine but if you record it and play back the video it looks funky.

Examples:

large.1091270286_bandicam2021-03-0911-39-41-217.jpg.227b5817b519d9d5176b2577d90a82d6.jpglarge.253135998_bandicam2021-03-0911-37-58-184.jpg.c90cfc40a6beca2fc8910c8d018dacef.jpg

Maybe certain colors the emulator has trouble with; I'm not sure.  I'm kind of muddling through for now since there's only 3 more games I want to do videos of.  The emulator Gems I've tried too but that doesn't seem to do SMS games.  Anyone have any recommendations for other emulators or bug fixes?

Thanks!

Not sure how you are recording of what you are using exactly. But I just use OSB for most of my recordings from my PC if I need to go that route. Like if I stream or record something I'm playing in DOSBox as an example. While I've not really tried to record anything from Kega Fusion, I can't imagine it would be any different than anything else I've recorded using OSB.

2 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Not sure how you are recording of what you are using exactly. But I just use OSB for most of my recordings from my PC if I need to go that route. Like if I stream or record something I'm playing in DOSBox as an example. While I've not really tried to record anything from Kega Fusion, I can't imagine it would be any different than anything else I've recorded using OSB.

This is through the internal recorder from Kega Fusion (Video/Log AVI File).  Whether you play it back immediately as a rather large file or scrunch it down with a compression program (like Format Factory) it has that "smeared color" look sometimes.  Maybe it depends on the game's color scheme?  I could use Bandicam to record instead but that would capture all sorts of blurbs on the screen I don't want it to ("Power On", framerate, etc.).  Thanks for the advice; I will keep that in mind!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 2:30 PM, retrorussell said:

This is through the internal recorder from Kega Fusion (Video/Log AVI File).  Whether you play it back immediately as a rather large file or scrunch it down with a compression program (like Format Factory) it has that "smeared color" look sometimes.  Maybe it depends on the game's color scheme?  I could use Bandicam to record instead but that would capture all sorts of blurbs on the screen I don't want it to ("Power On", framerate, etc.).  Thanks for the advice; I will keep that in mind!

Have you tried Screencast O Matic?

--

Capture, create and share.
Our screen capture tools help you easily create, edit and communicate with videos and images. Simple and intuitive tools to share your ideas.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, roadrunner said:

Have you tried Screencast O Matic?

--

Capture, create and share.
Our screen capture tools help you easily create, edit and communicate with videos and images. Simple and intuitive tools to share your ideas.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/

I have not.  I shall keep that in mind though; thanks!

On 3/30/2021 at 3:29 PM, DragonGrafx-16 said:

It might be good to turn off any filters. 

Nuts.  Did that, and the problem came back.  I was able to play Bubble Bobble okay, but I tried one of the ones that gave me real trouble (Sonic The Hedgehog), and it happened again after awhile.  Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Super-likely unrelated, Man, but I recently had an issue on Dark Cavern(Atari 2600) on EMU when I recorded a vid with my old reliable, OBS, only half the spiders legs were showing up on the playback.

I didn't completely wrap my ears around it, but my Friends explained that there had to be programming tricks, the spiders legs flickered from left to right so fast that the naked eye can't(really)see it(it's noticable, after you know), but the camera can, it's actually "seeing" things a bit differently than we are.

I "get it", tho I don't really understand, but it was interesting to at least realize, I suppose.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...