IGNORED

New TMNT Game by DotEmu and Tribute Games

Well, here's a bombshell of an announcement!

DotEmu has just announced that they are collaborating with Tribute Games (Mercenary Kings, Flinthook, Scott Pilgrim) to produce a brand-new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for PC and "unspecified consoles".

The Steam page for PC is already up, in case anyone would like to add it to their wishlist:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1361510/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_Shredders_Revenge/

Game informer article, with additional details:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/03/10/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge-rises-out-of-the-ooze?amp

• Like 3

I so want to like this.  There just hasn't been anything good from a TMNT game since sadly really the GBA era and that wasn't stellar either, just not bad.  I didn't touch the 3DS one though, but it was more a platformer than a brawler if I remember so that doesn't count. ;)  I think the style here looks great, it wants to be like TMNT/TMNT Turtles in Time more than junk since or failed junk trying to be it.

I like they went with the original style, would have been great with the hybrid style nick used from that and the old comics with that CGI run they did for years before the current abomination too.

42 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I so want to like this.  There just hasn't been anything good from a TMNT game since sadly really the GBA era and that wasn't stellar either, just not bad.  I didn't touch the 3DS one though, but it was more a platformer than a brawler if I remember so that doesn't count.

I actually thought the cel shaded trilogy on gamecube was really fun, and really like the one made with the Prince of Persia engine (xbox, PS2)  

Heck, I even had a lot of fun playing the one on Wii.  

Neither was stellar, to steal your words, but yeah, I think we've had some "good" TMNT games around that time frame

• Like 1

Looks really cool and I'm genuinely excited. The last Turtles game I played was for the Wii, which was based off the Nickelodeon version. I thought it was fairly decent and it had some winks at the arcade game, like being able to throw enemies at the screen and hit it. I'm glad they're going in this direction and not just a polygon throwback sidescroller with the original cartoon Turtles. It would be pretty cool to build an arcade cabinet to showcase this, which is something I've wanted to do for awhile but with switchable art. 

I've been curious about that one on Wii you two bring up.  I never got around to it, and it's really really cheap on ebay so I imagine I either order it or find it equally low locally eventually.  The Cube ones I barely touched them, seemed to feel not that great.  I remember reviews at the time said tolerate either, unlock the hidden arcade game to let the fun begin.  I wasn't motivated to bother. :D

Speaking of xeno's idea of an arcade game.  There is one currently, made I think in the last 5 years, and it's actually quite good, better than other junk I've touched for years.  Closer in quality to the old duo of arcade titles people covet so much.  The local chuck e cheese got it I'd guess 3 years ago now, haven't been in to due to the dumb bug since that happened but did play it a little with my kid before that point and it was enjoyable.  But it's more about her having fun, so most that point card time went to racking up a bag load of tickets. :D