IGNORED

New podcast! The RCA Studio II Game by Game Podcast

HDN

Hey, AtariAge!

I've decided to start my very own podcast on the RCA Studio II. Not many have played this system, unfortunately, and I hope you can learn something new from this show when it comes out.

My cohost and I plan on releasing episode 1, covering the built-in game Freeway, in early April. 

We are accepting listener feedback for the show! If you have any thoughts about Freeway, please send them to rcastudiopodcast@gmail.com! You can send either a text or audio submission. However, since not many have played the Studio II, we are broadening our horizons and allowing feedback for similar games on competing systems, in this case Street Racer on Atari 2600, Speedway on Odyssey 2, etc. etc. We'd love to hear from you!

In the future, we plan to cover homebrews, overseas titles, and do bonus episodes based on the FRED prototypes, the COSMAC Coin Arcade, and more. We also will do non-RCA themed bonus episodes. However, first we'll be covering the built-in games followed by the US cartridge releases by catalog number order.

Our next game we'll be covering will be Bowling!

Hope you enjoy the podcast once it's out. I'll keep you posted on it!

Take care and best wishes,

Harry

Links:

Our site:https://sites.google.com/view/rcastudiopodcast

Game by Game Podcast site:http://studio2.gamebygamepodcast.com/

Email: rcastudiopodcast@gmail.com

• Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 11:17 PM, HDN said:

Hey, AtariAge!

I've decided to start my very own podcast on the RCA Studio II. Not many have played this system, unfortunately, and I hope you can learn something new from this show when it comes out.

My cohost and I plan on releasing episode 1, covering the built-in game Freeway, in early April. 

We are accepting listener feedback for the show! If you have any thoughts about Freeway, please send them to rcastudiopodcast@gmail.com! You can send either a text or audio submission. However, since not many have played the Studio II, we are broadening our horizons and allowing feedback for similar games on competing systems, in this case Street Racer on Atari 2600, Speedway on Odyssey 2, etc. etc. We'd love to hear from you!

In the future, we plan to cover homebrews, overseas titles, and do bonus episodes based on the FRED prototypes, the COSMAC Coin Arcade, and more. We also will do non-RCA themed bonus episodes. However, first we'll be covering the built-in games followed by the US cartridge releases by catalog number order.

Our next game we'll be covering will be Bowling!

Hope you enjoy the podcast once it's out. I'll keep you posted on it!

Take care and best wishes,

Harry

Links:

Our site:https://sites.google.com/view/rcastudiopodcast

Game by Game Podcast site:http://studio2.gamebygamepodcast.com/

Email: rcastudiopodcast@gmail.com

Very cool!  Heard about this from Willie on ArcadeUSA.  Definitely will be checking this out for sure and wish you guys the best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hwlngmad said:

Very cool!  Heard about this from Willie on ArcadeUSA.  Definitely will be checking this out for sure and wish you guys the best of luck.

We're very happy that Willie shouted us out on his show! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HDN said:

Cool!  Will check this out for sure.  However, will this also be coming to Google Podcasts?  Just wondering as that is what I normally use.  Regardless, take care and best of luck going forward.

• Like 1

Just now, Hwlngmad said:

Cool!  Will check this out for sure.  However, will this also be coming to Google Podcasts?  Just wondering as that is what I normally use.  Regardless, take care and best of luck going forward.

Yes, it should. The distribution of the show to other services is very slow, however. So far it’s only made it to Spotify and PocketCasts aside from Anchor.

• Like 1