IGNORED

Atari 800XL SD Card solution navigate menus with joystick?

donjn

I like my UNOCart and it plays just about every game I run on it.

My issue is, I have to use the keyboard to navigate. I would prefer to use a joystick.

It looks like my only option is the SiDE Cartirdge here: https://thebrewingacademy.com/collections/atari-800-xl-xe-xel-xld/products/side2-cartridge

Are there any other options? Will the SiDE run everything that the UNOCart will?

It also looks like you can download and use other interfaces? https://atari8.co.uk/firmware/side/

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, donjn said:

Looks like I need to order out of the US for an AVG Cart.

I just want to run XEX and Cartridge games really. No need for multiload ATR etc..

Side3 runs everything that UNO cart runs and more, it is not limited to rom =<128KB.

1 hour ago, donjn said:

I just want to run XEX and Cartridge games really. No need for multiload ATR etc..

If that's really all you want to run, a basic AVG Cart is what you need, and is probably the least expensive of the options listed here. Certainly, there are better devices listed, but not for what you've said you want to do with it.

1 hour ago, bfollowell said:

If that's really all you want to run, a basic AVG Cart is what you need, and is probably the least expensive of the options listed here. Certainly, there are better devices listed, but not for what you've said you want to do with it.

There are other good devices (for example my preferred one is FujiNet because I load games wirelessly from my PC and I use Side3 too because I have U1MB installed) but at the moment AVGCart with SIO cable is the only stand-alone all-in-one solution (and it's inexpensive too and has other nice features).

Compared to other multicarts, as-is it is the only one with full ATR compatibility, compared to SIO devices it loads faster and loads cartridge games that otherwise need memory expansion.

If a UK-based seller is handier for you, you can get the AVG Cart from retrolemon.co.uk. I bought one from them a couple of weeks ago. They also sell the SIO cable to let you plug it into the SIO socket for ATR support if you ever wanted to do that.

I think there's an EU supplier as well.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk