IGNORED

Extended 512K Memory - RAM Disk?

Banquo

I picked up an Atari 800XL that has modifications kind of like yours. Professionally done and they changed the case and keyboard as well. It was from a company called PromoVision. It was a graphics editing mod for their scrolling to sign software. I wonder if yours is the same.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Banquo said:

I've never seen this before, it looks like it's printed right on the case. I assume this is a third party modification and not an official model.

Capture.PNG

It would be nice to pull apart the unit and take good photos of the mod. Never saw a ram disk under the hood before.

• Like 3

On 3/16/2021 at 2:54 AM, Banquo said:

Unfortunately it isn't mine, just one I found a picture of. I'd love to see inside it also; that seems like a huge amount of memory for a TI-99.

probably just a ram-disk.. not memory for the TI itself..   If it's a myarc/foundation design it's 32k ram for the TI and the rest unusable except for ramdisk/buffer and also with Myarc's XBII which will use some of it for program space

SAMS is the only memory expansion larger than that that is actually useable..  and 1mb is available now for both sidecar and pbox 

• Like 4