IGNORED

600XL motherboard ground

Buchau

It's not 'normal' so if it meters out ok with and without it your fine... if it doesn't , you might want to trace where the actual break might be in the traces...

Normally such a repair would be flat against the pcb... this one is odd in that it appears raised up in the air a little bit. Dead via or cut trace is what your looking for otherwise there is no point to the bridge.

2 hours ago, archeocomp said:

Am I the only one who does not see any wire bridge to several pokey pins? I only see one bridge to the mount hole.

I was kinda thinking the same thing!

IMO, as The Doc said - If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Plenty of 8 bit machines in the day had oddity little mods from the factory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rybags said:

On the XL (sort of except 1200) POT4 thru POT7 aren't used and according to the schematics seem to be tied to GND as well as receiving a weak pullup voltage shared with the keyboard (?)

Thank you Rybags

The trace connected to GND does go to those POT’s

Rich

So, we're back to, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. That I can see, you've never once mentioned whether or not your computer is working. What is wrong with it? What are you trying too fix?

Also, for the record, I don't see the wire bridge either. But then, without a call-out or some point of reference, I have trouble seeing things on the back of a jumbled PCB.

I hoped you get it working again soon.

2 hours ago, bfollowell said:

So, we're back to, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. That I can see, you've never once mentioned whether or not your computer is working. What is wrong with it? What are you trying too fix?

Also, for the record, I don't see the wire bridge either. But then, without a call-out or some point of reference, I have trouble seeing things on the back of a jumbled PCB.

I hoped you get it working again soon.

The wire bridge is directly in the center of first image.I don’t know how to do a call-out, being a newly on the forum.

The 600 is working well having just installed UAV and 64K upgrade with 4164 chips and 3 wire method.

Thanks to members contributions on this forum, I found all required information.

Rich

Ok, I think I see it. And by call-out, I didn't mean any special tool or anything within the forums. I just meant something as simple as dumping the picture into Paint or some basic image editor and putting a circle around the area or something, just to make it a little easier for others to see exactly what you're talking about.

I'm glad your 600XL is working well.

• Like 1