IGNORED

HSC18 Round 5: DIG DUG

That was a new way to post your scores, by uploading screenshots to Microsoft OneDrive and posting links without description what they may contain. Also it looks like you're playing the narrow 1983 version (5200) while this time around we're playing the wide 1982 version.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, carlsson said:

That was a new way to post your scores, by uploading screenshots to Microsoft OneDrive and posting links without description what they may contain. Also it looks like you're playing the narrow 1983 version (5200) while this time around we're playing the wide 1982 version.

I wasn't sure how to post pics to be honest and I know I have the wrong version hence the "just for fun statement"

Didn't mean to upset anyone.

I don't have the first clue about HSC yet. 

• Like 2

You can use "choose files" or drag images from a folder directly into the editor window in order to upload them directly to AtariAge. Preferrably cropped and reduced in file size since screenshots are optional and don't need to be several megabytes per image. (*)

The HSC isn't that difficult. Follow the links in the first post to get the version we're playing, put it on whichever device you're using (perhaps a SIO2SD or similar if you play on real hardware) and report the score you reached. Screenshots if you want. You don't have to play regularly, an one-off entry is fine too but the more fun the more frequently you participate.

(*) Then again, I don't know the block size of the storage used on the server. If each block is e.g. 2-4 MB, it would mean that even a 10 kilobyte image takes as much space as a huge file. I never considered that before.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

Hm, this Dig Dug version is not so much fun for me. I often have the effect that I have a monster right in front of my nose, but I can't pump it up; the airstream just goes through the monster and it keeps running towards me. When there are several monsters in a row, it seems that it is not possible to pump them all up... The module version (RX8026) plays much smoother.

Strangely, this Dig Dug version, which looks a bit like a VCS version for me, is listed as "normal" version in my "Fandal download-archive". The Dig Dug version, which corresponds to my module (RX8026), is called "Dig Dug 5200"...

I'm still working on a halfway acceptable score for the version to be played here...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

23 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Hm, this Dig Dug version is not so much fun for me. I often have the effect that I have a monster right in front of my nose, but I can't pump it up; the airstream just goes through the monster and it keeps running towards me. When there are several monsters in a row, it seems that it is not possible to pump them all up... The module version (RX8026) plays much smoother.

Strangely, this Dig Dug version, which looks a bit like a VCS version for me, is listed as "normal" version in my "Fandal download-archive". The Dig Dug version, which corresponds to my module (RX8026), is called "Dig Dug 5200"...

I'm still working on a halfway acceptable score for the version to be played here...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

The version you like i what i got when i purchased this brand new in 1984.

Good to see so many scores, Welcome oo7 :thumbsup: don't worry about screenshots just play and post a score, if you can't get this "wide" version to work then whatever you have will do (just post to say)

Bit of a shock to the system but soon gets trickier and more involving, been a while since last played so need to re-learn things.

Will get tables and next poll sorted soon ;-)

first table

DIG DUG "WIDE"

1st    tompateus                  105,950  12pts
  2nd   therealbountybob        60,010  11pts
  3rd   McKong                      59,330  10pts
  4th   Deteacher                   58,730  9pts +1pt #
  5th   Mr Trust                     53,840  9pts
  6th   NamcoPlayer               51,730  9pts
  7th   doctorclu                   46,080  8pts
  8th   graywest                    29,940  8pts
  9th   oo7                           27,620  7pts *
 10th   8BIT 1337                  27,290  7pts
 11th   Sikor                         24,100  6pts
 12th   jdh                           23,310  6pts
 13th   Caco                        21,370  5pts
 14th   Sleepy                      18,370  5pts
 15th   jblenkle                     18,040  4pts
 16th   mimo                        13,390  4pts
 17th   Mister-VCS                12,560  3pts
 18th   carlsson                     7,830  3pts
 19th   RedThunder                 5,540  2pts
 20th   pusakat                      4,640  2pts
 21st   Piotrus (Sikor Jr)           2,080  2pts

# Top NTSC Player bonus point

* see posts above

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Dig Dug 1982 - 9170 pts.

I'm sorry to say that I think I hit my maximum, at the very bottom of the HSC table. Clearly this is not a game for me.

Only had a couple of goes but try and drop a rock on a couple at the start, clear some space and anticipate where the ghosts go, use 2 shots to slow one to allow 2nd one to catch up and get some space to get to rock, probably can milk more points from early (slower) levels as a tactic. It is quite a toughie.

OK Poll next !!

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm trying my best with the rocks and once managed to get two for the price of one but it isn't enough. But I'm living on the assumption that most of the other HSC players will drop out over the year so in the end I'll end up in the overall top 5-7 on pure resilience.

And yeah, this game most definitely is not a candidate for the dance mat, just in case anyone was wondering.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Some Easter oriented suggestions like Super Bunny, Chicken (Synapse) or Chicken Chase?

Sorry I've just posted it! Super Bunny might get in the next poll though, long time no play :thumbsup:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/318604-hsc18-round-6-poll/

• Like 1