IGNORED

Geneve FORTH

GDMike

On 3/14/2021 at 6:30 PM, Lee Stewart said:

I would think that is \/ is “divide”.

...lee

This TI FORTH REM statement doesn't recognize "/" or "\" as a remark within the screens coding, I know one is divide. 

Only the "(" works as a REMark,  and it's working as a rem without the other ")" for an end.

But I thought fig83 used "\" for remarks.

When I added a remark in a screen and went to load code on the same screen, I received errors regarding my word, "\" 

Interesting

IMG_20210315_185320461.jpg

2 hours ago, GDMike said:

Only the "(" works as a REMark,  and it's working as a rem without the other ")" for an end.

I doubt that. In TI Forth, ( opens a comment and ) closes it. If there is no closing ) , the comment continues (while typing at the terminal) until a carriage return or the end of the Terminal Input Buffer (80 chars) is reached or (while loading a block) the end of the block is reached. For blocks, a ( at the beginning will cause the entire block to be treated as a comment if no ) is encountered.

2 hours ago, GDMike said:

But I thought fig83 used "\" for remarks.

figForth does not use \ for comments. Forth-83 is when that started.

...lee

Edited by Lee Stewart
minor correction
  • Thanks 1

Ok..so I read something about how to add a screen to my existing file in use.

The word is"CLEAR" well, as I was headed to go find a TI-FORTH manual, as it's somewhere in a notebook, I stubbled on a page that was loose.. and it described clearing a screen. As it mentions, don't clear a screen you want to keep! So I thought, really? Will this add a screen that doesn't exist. Dang right.

I'd like to find out how to implement VWTR. I see the word is in my VLIST, but placing values in front always gives me OK, with no changes to the screen.

IMG_20210315_212038710.jpg

I've pushed the TI-FORTH version aside for the moment, I've gone back to the 9640 version. I looked at the screens file with a hex editor and it was only text data in a disclaimer for$15

So I grabbed a Dis fixed 128 file from camel Forth and pushed that over and renamed it to screens. Now I'm booting, the screen file shows as blank. But the disclaimer says it must be on the accompanying disk.

Well, that was a bomb. I kept locking up. I've put the original screens file back on. But it can't find a screens file to store data..

Edited by GDMike

It is likely using Vid XOP >0027 to write to the screen.  Having said that, there is no reason you can't use VSBR/VMBW or any of the other video commands.  You just need to write to the correct ports as they are not in the same location as on the 4A.

19 minutes ago, GDMike said:

This 9640 forth doesn't have a "VSBR" or "VSBW"

????—Your VLIST output shows those words. Again, they should mimic TI Forth because it claims to be a port of TI Forth:

• VSBR   ( vaddr --- byte )
  • VSBW   ( b vaddr --- )
  • VMBR   ( vaddr addr count --- )
  • VMBW   ( addr vaddr count --- )

...lee

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lee Stewart said:

????—Your VLIST output shows those words. Again, they should mimic TI Forth because it claims to be a port of TI Forth:

• VSBR   ( vaddr --- byte )
  • VSBW   ( b vaddr --- )
  • VMBR   ( vaddr addr count --- )
  • VMBW   ( addr vaddr count --- )

...lee

Lol... Thank you for your reply,

I'm referring to the 9640 Forth, not ti forth. The WORDS list doesn't show.

Yes, I see it in ti forth. Confusion with trying to find the better forth for geneve

Edited by GDMike

59 minutes ago, 9640News said:

It is likely using Vid XOP >0027 to write to the screen.  Having said that, there is no reason you can't use VSBR/VMBW or any of the other video commands.  You just need to write to the correct ports as they are not in the same location as on the 4A.

These are available

IMG_20210316_103943422.jpg

IMG_20210316_104009239.jpg

IMG_20210316_104019614_TOP.jpg

IMG_20210316_104025582.jpg

Edited by GDMike

6 minutes ago, Lee Stewart said:

Perhaps we can get Bill Sullivan’s help by quoting his known handles. I know he has more than one because he got locked out of his oldest one, @FDOS. I think he is currently using @Bill R Sullivan.

This would certainly be better than shooting in the dark.

...lee

Thank you.  I pushed a message to him

Edited by GDMike