IGNORED

Do Any ColecoVision Games Have An Ending?

I'm a big ColecoVision fan. In fact, I've almost finished my complete in box collection (only 8 to go!). My question is... are there any ColecoVision games that have an actual ending? Are any of them winnable? Of all the games I have, I have never come across any. And I don't mean flipping the score back to zero or breaking the code by getting super far... I mean a legitimate ending. I understand that ColecoVision came out during the golden arcade years where getting the high score was the ultimate goal and not "finishing" a game, but surely there has to be at least one original release that has an ending, right?

Does anyone know? 

10 minutes ago, mozartpc27 said:

Are there any ColecoVision games where if you get far enough you break the game, a la Pac-Man or Donkey Kong (arcade)?  I have never come across one of those either.

You mean the game becomes unplayable?

Burgertime: 

You really needs to be good to reach that far.

Don't know for other games.

8 hours ago, zyzzle said:

Doesn't Donkey Kong have a timer bug problem, where after 20+ levels, the timer overflows, and renders the 21st or 22nd level unclearable because only 600 points are on the timer? Something like a kill-screen, like Burgertime. 

I believe that is true in the arcade version, but I am pretty sure I have exceeded 20+ levels on Donkey Kong without this happening on the CV.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeddyBear89 said:

I believe Jumpman Jr. qualifies.......after finishing level 12 a CONGRATULATIONS message appears and if I remember correctly the game ends (it doesn't loop back to the first level)

After level 12, levels are selected randomly until your lives are gone according to the instructions. 

Edited by ed1475

There is one game that is 100% movie accurate. 

Rocky- skill 4..... get knocked out. Clubber wins.

Play again

Pick skill 1. Whoop Clubbers ass and raise your arms in victory.

You have just completed Rocky 3 on Colecovision.

Congratulations.

A winner is you

• Like 2