IGNORED

Experimental "Paid ROMs" area

Al_Nafuur

I just added a experimental "Paid ROMs" area for the draft user group. Downloading ROMs from these folders is free of charge (Currently there is no payment system implemented at all), but you will receive at the end of each month a email with "Billing" Information.

In the future, only users who have entered their payment details (most likely PayPal) will see this area.

This is missing a list showing what you have purchased, and time remaining on those purchases.

The units need to be $0.10, not "0.1 $" -- the $ should also always be in front.

I would consider changing from "Paid ROMs" to "Subscriptions" or "Digital Purchases" or something similar.

This section would be nice to have a "new releases" section that shows anything since your last visit.

A complete list in table form without the sub-menu $1/$5 would be nice. That is, you can see ALL of them, and beside each the cost/key.

You could add an "order cartridge" option as well, and hook int AA order/manufacture for that. Or at least link to a page for each ROM where further information can be found.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

This is missing a list showing what you have purchased, and time remaining on those purchases.

Good Idea might be feasible with a new virtual folder "purchased" in this section where all the ROMs appear that you have a "remaining time" to load them.

31 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

The units need to be $0.10, not "0.1 $" -- the $ should also always be in front.

done.?

( the Prices had been in € before, but there is no € in our font on the PlusCart )

33 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

I would consider changing from "Paid ROMs" to "Subscriptions" or "Digital Purchases" or something similar

the name can be changed.

34 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

This section would be nice to have a "new releases" section that shows anything since your last visit.

maybe as a "textfile" ?. Because a developer might want to sell his game with multiple price plans

40 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

You could add an "order cartridge" option as well, and hook int AA order/manufacture for that. Or at least link to a page for each ROM where further information can be found.

would bee cool

40 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

( the Prices had been in € before, but there is no € in our font on the PlusCart )

I had a play. It's possible to get a good-ish one if you break two rules.

1) allow a pixel in the 0'th position (which means there are only certain columns you can put the character in). But for prices, this isn't a biggie.

2) allow single-line pixels. Normally this is banned, but I tried it anyway and there's zero sign of flicker on my TV, so there's that.

euro.png.a6e4246f21acae216069249bc3c2e809.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

I had a play. It's possible to get a good-ish one if you break two rules.

1) allow a pixel in the 0'th position (which means there are only certain columns you can put the character in). But for prices, this isn't a biggie.

2) allow single-line pixels. Normally this is banned, but I tried it anyway and there's zero sign of flicker on my TV, so there's that.

euro.png.a6e4246f21acae216069249bc3c2e809.png

Looks very nice, but it is also higher than the other chars?

Can you test without the middle row? So we would not have single-line pixels and the char would not be higher as the others..

6 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

I have added a new folder "My Active Purchases" to the area. In this directory all files are listed for which the user has already paid and which can be started without further charge.

I had an idea that's kind of tied to this. I know currently we have a way to create a zip to make an offline roms area for the cart. Anyway to allow a sub menu for a selected rom and make it so it can make it appear in offline folder? Like highlight it with the joystick and use like game select to bring up a menu and then hit save to offline. This could be done for regular roms as well as purchased roms.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Prizrak said:

I had an idea that's kind of tied to this. I know currently we have a way to create a zip to make an offline roms area for the cart. Anyway to allow a sub menu for a selected rom and make it so it can make it appear in offline folder? Like highlight it with the joystick and use like game select to bring up a menu and then hit save to offline. This could be done for regular roms as well as purchased roms.

I think it would be easy to add the purchases of the categories "Pay $xx Play Forever" to the "Offline ROMs" download

btw.

I still think we should rename "Offline ROMs" to "Flashed ROMs" (or "Flash Storage ROMs") and the "Download Offline ROMs" function in "Setup" to "Download ROMs to Flash Storage"

?

6 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I think it would be easy to add the purchases of the categories "Pay $xx Play Forever" to the "Offline ROMs" download

btw.

I still think we should rename "Offline ROMs" to "Flashed ROMs" (or "Flash Storage ROMs") and the "Download Offline ROMs" function in "Setup" to "Download ROMs to Flash Storage"

?

On-cartridge ROM Library

Copy ROMs to Library

• Like 1