IGNORED

B&C ComputerVisions (myatari) eBay store closed?

ratwell

I went to eBay today to complete a checkout with B&C and all the items in their eBay store are now gone:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/myatari

https://www.ebay.com/str/Atari-Sales-and-Service/Atari-8-Bit-800-400-XL-XE-/_i.html?_storecat=5

Does anyone know the status of the business?

Edited by ratwell

Everything is fine, I communicated with Bruce... it's vacation time is all. Time for family. It's all  good!

Thank you for editing the first post, as it really was alarming as written. We haven't lost another friend, no tragedies or anything. Still in business. It's a good thing this time, it's family time.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 7

I bought a keyboard from them on the 7th of this month (9 days ago now).  Meaning, ordered and paid for a keyboard.  No movement showed on ebay until yesterday, when it finally got a tracking number.  Same day they showed up as being out until the 18th.  I sent a note asking about this, and got a terse reply with nothing but the tracking number.  Grrrr.

If I knew it was going to take this long, I would have done something different, and may yet.  At this point they are incommunicado and my keyboard is still not in the mail - tracking shows "pre-shipment information has been received".  I assume they did this to make it harder to cancel?  I've bought things from them in the past and had ok experiences but this is not a happy one.  If I'm paying $56 for a keyboard in mediocre condition I at least expect communication, if not the actual item!

I bought a computer from a seller in Egypt a day later, and despite customs and COVID and weather issues and whatever else is going on, I received it yesterday.  It works great!  So this isn't an ebay issue nor a mail issue - both are working, in general.  In fact, I live in the same state as B&C, so buying from them ought to be quite fast, one would think.

Obviously something bad going on over there in B&C-land.  Hope they're ok.

• Like 1

Strange that they didn't just put their store into vacation mode.  This will display a message that the seller is away on vacation until the date you specify, and you can also customize the message that is displayed.  Then you don't have to end all your auctions and restart them once you are back.

..Al