IGNORED

This can't be right...

Faicuai

9 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

NO WAY he's looking at the CRT... what the hell is this guy looking at?

He is looking at his wife, sitting naked on the table (to the right/offscreen) to distract him from the A8. His wife is only wearing high heels and nothing else and his response is something like: "Nice shoes, really nice shoes".

("Late Closing" probably means late clothing or lost clothing.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

He's peering down in surprise at that 810 to the far right, which has just gone from the satisfying "fwhump beep - fwhump beep" pattern to "beep.............beep..........beep" and he's in the moment of indecision between "does that just mean BASIC is doing some form of character I/O instead of raw reads with this god awful finance software, or is that sector about to fail with a 138?"

I remember my friends being regularly surprised that I could tell the whether I'd get sync and at what speed based on the early modem negotiation sounds. Us core nerds were the 8-bit whisperers back then.

The dog is just sad he's wearing that vest, inside with a computer, in freakin candlelight. What is wrong with him? Also, where is my bone.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Typical in this kind of pictures... if you show the face of the person using the computer you cannot show the computer screen, and vice versa.  You will notice many cases of "weird angle" tv or computer screens in these promotional pictures... It's interesting the stereotype of a person who follows the stock market.. it looks like some kind of Sherlock Holmes

Edited by manterola

55 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

His wife is only wearing high heels and nothing else

LoOoOoL !!!

Maybe the answer lies in Dan's and yours... Yep, he made a ton of cash, and the wife is feeling "rewarding", that night (that's why the dog is looking the other way!)

Here, just behind the TV, near the stairs:

F30C1085-A92F-47C8-B6EC-9569383E81F8.thumb.jpeg.719871f40a7d707636b522bad340c17b.jpeg

Edited by Faicuai
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Faicuai said:

LoOoOoL !!!

Maybe the answer lies in Dan's and yours... Yep, he made a ton of cash, and the wife is feeling "rewarding", that night (that's why the dog is looking the other way!)

Here, just behind the TV, near the stairs:

F30C1085-A92F-47C8-B6EC-9569383E81F8.thumb.jpeg.719871f40a7d707636b522bad340c17b.jpeg

Nice stairs....

Good lord, she would keep me busy!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, phaeron said:

Atari has a few covers like this. I always liked the Assembler Editor guy giving the Are You Kidding Me look.

image.thumb.png.0ae1130d4d59812159ed0d90ec9ef90e.png

LoOoL !!!

Of course! How could I forget that whimsical look after looking at it so many times?

This one I clearly understood, later on in life: He looks as if he's coding an intentional bug on his next release, after looking at his (disappointing) pay-check...

8-))

Edited by Faicuai

50 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

Too much image manipulation; she looks plastic. I understand some men don't mind the plastic look, but...

I know exactly what you mean but she looks more 'real' than most....And I hope she plays Atari all day!

57 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

Too much image manipulation; she looks plastic. I understand some men don't mind the plastic look, but...

Jon, you are pushing it and you KNOW it. :-)

This is as far as I. an go for you here, and still reflecting the mood and mystery of the original scene (he was probably looking at the kitchen, now that I think about it...):

13AEC34F-2EC6-4D8C-9050-B1C91B7E15C7.thumb.jpeg.ff3051efdd2a34aad56f9b7d2e66b0e7.jpeg

• Like 1

Now, What about this one?

That 400 has only ONE video output, and it is a long RF cable coming from the back it.... Where the hell is it?

The image on the TV looks very real, and photographed (not superimposed) so it suggests it was live during photo-shoot...

57655C1B-989F-4B63-8F4E-DF947BF610FF.thumb.jpeg.19cc0895da036ee113ba8db0f821d87e.jpeg

Can anyone solve this enigma? 

At least the Dog can be given the benefit of the doubt (kind of looking at the screen, and so she is!)

12 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

Now, What about this one?

That 400 has only ONE video output, and it is a long RF cable coming from the back it.... Where the hell is it?

The image on the TV looks very real, and photographed (not superimposed) so it suggests it was live during photo-shoot...

57655C1B-989F-4B63-8F4E-DF947BF610FF.thumb.jpeg.19cc0895da036ee113ba8db0f821d87e.jpeg

Can anyone solve this enigma? 

At least the Dog can be given the benefit of the doubt (kind of looking at the screen, and so she is!)

She has the perfect COVID mask!

• Like 1