IGNORED

Season 11 ~ Week 7 ~ Gold Medal Winner Pick

Vocelli

15 hours ago, fakecortex said:

If you didn't, I'm gonna throw up, hahaha.

And yeah for Frogger, I feel like it's luck when the game wants me to do well, especially when it comes to hitting that far left landing spot.

When I looked at the first post and saw my score was higher than everyone else, I knew that couldn't be right.  After looking through the manual it looks like I selected 13A instead of 16A.   Time to try again.

• Like 3

Empire Strikes Back: 5152

Some tips:

• Attack from behind.  If you can get your speed to be approximately the same speed as the Walker, you can get more shots in than you can facing it head on when it's always walking toward you.  I also found it easier to dodge their fire from behind, often by moving down when anticipating their shot.
  • If a bomb hatch appears along the backside of a Walker while I'm attacking it, I'm going to shoot for it, even if it's the lead Walker and it's yellow.  I want the extra 50 points I get for the kill by hitting a bomb.  It's also one less Smart Bomb I might need to contend with.
  • If your ship gets damaged (is yellow in color), get it repaired at your earliest convenience.  If you suffer a hit from a Smart Bomb while damaged, you're dead.  If your ship is at full health, you will likely survive a Smart Bomb hit.  I don't have a strategy for consistently taking out Smart Bombs, so I like to have my ship healthy enough to suffer a hit.
  • A scenario I might consider crashing into a Walker, sacrificing a ship in the process is if my ship is heavily damaged, I have already used up my two repairs, and I'm likely dead the next time I'm hit.  I might inflict more damage ramming a Walker than I will inflict between now and when I suffer the fatal hit.  When doing this, ram a Walker that is at or near full health (black, blue, or purple).  Finishing off a weakened Walker by ramming is only 25 points, but damaging it first, then destroying it normally is 50 points.  There is also the possibility you'll luck into a 100 point kill by hitting a bomb hatch.
  • When I get the Force, after establishing the desired speed behind a Walker, I typically take my right hand off the joystick and use my right thumb (which isn't as tired as my left thumb) to fire more rapidly.  I might occasionally need to go back to the joystick to reset speed, but most of my firing with the Force is right-handed.

image.png.6d5dfb9bde53515dc22d9fc2d9e5ed69.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Atarian7 said:

Could someone please explain TESB to me.  The instructions on AtariAge only have the first page.     How do you destroy the Imperial walkers?

http://www.ataricompendium.com/archives/manuals/vcs/star_wars_empire.pdf

Shoot the sh*t out of em, haha. They'll change colors as you wear em down. They take quite a few hits. A couple things to note- fixing your ship, mentioned in the manual, is harder in the variation we're playing (you bounce around a lot trying to land), but it's important to know how to do. Also, you can fly past the walkers through their legs, but you will crash and burn if you go into their bodies (again, this variation). But like @kermit73 mentioned, sometimes you'll want to sacrifice yourself. Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Empire Strikes Back, 16 skill-874

Dammit, was trying to shoot one of those smart bombs when I died, ticks me off.

Again, Zilch-my lack of particular skill doesn't get in the way of me saying "good choice", even the difficulty.

Totally an unfair game, but playable once you get the hang of it, I guess.

Prolly happy with this, I feel bad not being able to give more attention to the HSC(a LOT going on)(Gaming, not really "life"), but I'll still at least try to put in a score every week.

Ahh-as I was attaching my pic, it occurred to me, being this close to a K and giving up doesn't much sound like me...

Darnitt.

I guess we'll see.

2600ESB16skill874.png

• Like 1