IGNORED

KC tape variants

Lathe26

It appears that the KC tapes sometimes came in white shells and other times black shells.  Sometimes they had paper labels and other times silkscreen labels.

What tape variations are known?

Here's a thread on just the 2 variants for the blank BASIC tape:

Here's a photo of a bunch of KC tapes for starters, though of these are unreleased or early internal versions of release software:

tapes.thumb.JPG.81a309ecf7c4adf4a6e572b55521a01b.JPG

• Thanks 3

Conversational French - my one has white tape cases with all white sticker with black writing and the box has the "Alouette Language Service" logo on the back which was not on earlier boxes I'm guessing.

My box is more brown colour as well ...

french variant.jpg

french 2.jpg

Edited by Ron The Cat
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Ron The Cat said:

Conversational French - my one has white tape cases with all white sticker with black writing and the box has the "Alouette Language Service" logo on the back which was not on earlier boxes I'm guessing.

My box is more brown colour as well ...

I have that same box. All of my tapes for French, LaLanne, Spelling, Family Budgeting and Geography have the printing directly on the white plastic of the cassette, with no sticker. The case is black with a clear front door. The spelling is missing the case. My Crosswords (1,2,3) and extra basic cartridge are all in shrink. 

All my boxes have identical MADE IN USA verbiage, except some have 1981 copyright and some have 1979. (French and LaLanne have 1979)

• 1 month later...