IGNORED

What was your first purchase from the AA marketplace?

Crazy Climber

The first thing I bought (quickly goes to PMs and checks) was an Opal Rotary Controller from @Gummy Bear.  I love it and still play Tempest 2000 with it exclusively.  Only bought it back in '19 so not that long ago (I lurked here for about 15 years or so before making an account).

• Like 3

My first transaction here was that I sold boxed copies of Custer's Revenge and Beat 'Em and Eat 'Em together for $60 shipped back in 2006! I hope buyer still has them!

I suppose what goes around comes around though, because my first purchase was Dragon Force (Saturn) for $20 that same year.

Edited by Jdm101518
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Curious Sofa said:

I miss that guy...

19 minutes ago, Jdm101518 said:

My first transaction here was that I sold boxed copies of Custer's Revenge and Beat 'Em and Eat 'Em together for $60 shipped back in 2006! I hope buyer still has them!

I suppose what goes around comes around though, because my first purchase was Dragon Force (Saturn) for $20 that same year.

Ha! Yeah, if we're going back to 2006 for "sold" items I probably could have paid off my house with the stuff I let go. Prices have changed a LOT in 15 years haha

• Like 2

My first purchase (at least according to old PMs) was a box of random 80's crap because a G1 Jetfire was in it.  :lol:

The second one was three tabletop games.  Pac-Man, Q*Bert and Scramble.

-edit  And the first purchase was 2008.  Wow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bixler said:

A 2600 Jr. from bennybingo with some games. I'm indebted to him for starting me down a path that has led to the beefed-up Atari setup I have today. :) 

My first purchase was also from @bennybingo in June 2011.  That guy was a treasure trove of good stuff.

I purchased a broken Atari 2600 motherboard and a handfull of 2600 carts.  I wanted the board for the cart slot which I eventually used to mod a Flashback 2.  I even found the pics:

2600 board:

msg-29022-0-22380800-1307060006_thumb.png

Freebie games:

msg-29022-0-82230400-1307060007_thumb.png

msg-29022-0-83208100-1307060009_thumb.png

Purchased games:

msg-29022-0-55331300-1307060011_thumb.png

msg-29022-0-97162500-1307060013_thumb.png

• Like 3

My first attempted purchase was a pile of Apple II disks from 8_is_enuff. He backed out though, and I never bought them. I believe this was late 2019. My first successful purchase was a Super Nintendo bundle from HoshiChiri. Great price, great games, and things that were supposed to be broken turned out to work. This was January 2020. 

Edited by bluejay
  • Like 1

my first PURCHASE through the marketplace was Fun House & Gradius for NES (from TurdFurgeson in 2014)

However, I did have one other transaction before that: I traded Beamrider (5200) for Sentinel (2600).  That was atariBrian.

Another however -- I had previously picked up a homebrew game from the store (Ladybug) and done a couple transactions via PM's with a fellow high score club gamer.  That was fun!

(and thanks again CrazyClimber for the deals I got from you!)

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

Back in 2016 I had just got into the 7800 scene.

My first big purchase for this venture was here. I bought a 1984 Boxed 7800 and a lot of games from [mention=21417]eightbit[/mention].

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most of my purchases here on AA have been from @eightbit he always is posting such great stuff!

• Like 4

Big Box of crap 2 @the.golden.ax

01/2011

second item 

Atari Jaguar system w/ box and instructions

original RF adapter

original AC adapter

original controller

original pack-in game - Cybermorph w/ instructions

2nd Atari controller with box

game - Iron Soldier w/ box and instructions & overlay

game - Flip Out w/ box and instructions

game - Dino Dudes w/ box and instructions

game - Club Drive w/ box and instructions

game - Cannon Fodder w/ box and instructions

game - Alien vs. Predator

game - Hover Strike

The system and the games with boxes were bought brand new by me and are still in new condition (the boxes show some wear). I just tested this system yesterday and it works great. I hate to sell this system but I play it so little that I can't justify keeping it. I would like $135 for everything. That includes domestic (lower 48 states) shipping. I will accept cash, check (must clear before shipping) or silver (4 ounces). Paypal will cost $140 cause it is more of a pain for me.

image.jpeg.82fc9c77ad958790a2db2a766f79e735.jpeg

@outburst402

I purchased after Crazy Climber post it was a good deal.

12/2011

Edited by crazykong
  • Like 3