IGNORED

Would you like the 1982 page images on the 1982 release dates page?

Random Terrain

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the photos and commercials copied from the 1982 page and pasted to the 1982 release date page?

• Yes. It would make it more enjoyable.
    • No. I don't like pretty things!
    • That was before my time, so I don't care. Wasn't that back when Abraham Lincoln and George Washington rode a dinosaur to Woodstock or something?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I have a 1982 page for people who don't really care about the Atari 2600. It has little photos in the music/movies/TV shows sections and embedded commercials:

https://www.randomterrain.com/1982.html

Please take a quick look by scrolling down the page.

Would you like those images and commercials to be added to the 1982 Atari 2600 video game release dates page:

https://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-history-1982.html

Should the non-Atari 2600 1982 page be the only page that has the extra images and commercials or should both pages have them?

2 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

I would add the Atari 2600 releases to the year page. That way you could see the 2600 releases by themselves or with the popular culture page. I understand you have those pages up for non-2600 people, but who cares about those people.

Thanks, but I extracted the pop culture information from the 1982 release date page to make the 1982 page. I later added photos and things to the 1982 page to give people instant recall as they scroll down. Clogging it up with a bunch of game entries would spoil the scroll for those who came for the pop culture experience. I'll eventually have pop culture pages for 1977 through 1991. After that, I hope to work my way back to the late 1960s.

I just wanted to know if the average Atari 2600 enthusiast would also like instant recall photos in the pop culture sections of the release date pages. If most people don't, that's less work for me.

I sort of like the dense data look of the current Atari 2600 page without the extra bells and whistles. I think the images and such work well on the general 1982 page but for checking 2600 release dates and related media of a game, I'd personally rather just the info & links. I may just be an odd one though. Hopefully others chime in as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, slacker said:

I sort of like the dense data look of the current Atari 2600 page without the extra bells and whistles. I think the images and such work well on the general 1982 page but for checking 2600 release dates and related media of a game, I'd personally rather just the info & links. I may just be an odd one though. Hopefully others chime in as well.

^ I agree with this.   Still,  I could imagine throwing in the Atari releases to the other page also,  just not the other way around.  You could add "On the Atari" and just list releases, maybe with a little note like YT or Mag for a YouTube video or magazine ad, but not list all of it...Just my thoughts, though.  Do it what ever way you prefer.

• Like 1

I just thought of something. Maybe I could add a list of atari games released each month to the pop culture pages instead of copying over the large entries. A little Atari 2600 section with a list instead of huge entries wouldn't take up much room. I could call it "Atari 2600 Games Released This Month" or something like that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Random Terrain said:

I just thought of something. Maybe I could add a list of atari games released each month to the pop culture pages instead of copying over the large entries. A little Atari 2600 section with a list instead of huge entries wouldn't take up much room. I could call it "Atari 2600 Games Released This Month" or something like that.

Did it:

https://www.randomterrain.com/1982.html

Please let me know if you like the update.

• Like 2