IGNORED

SOLD: Star Trek TI-99/4A Cartridge Variant (HTF)

sixersfan105

Here we have an extremely hard to find cartridge variant of Star Trek for the TI-99/4A. This cartridge is only the second confirmed cart with this label type. There is no date listed on the back, but the working theory is that Triton Products distributed this cartridge type in the 1984-85 timeframe. 

Triton Products had the rights to manufacture TI cartridges using leftover parts received from TI when they purchased the distribution rights for all remaining TI hardware and software stock. It looks like this run of cartridges was complete with the exception of the labels, so they made the black text on white background label. It is listed on 99er.net as UR for "Unbelievably Rare - A cartridge thought to never have existed, but has been found and proven it does exist."

Please send me a PM if you're interested or would like some additional pictures, and we can also discuss pricing. Thanks! SOLD!

F4DE6D92-3F41-4E8B-A8C5-7EFAFAAFACEB.jpeg

B6E4CA8E-1BAB-42A9-9A33-605A656DE99E.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yep, I found mine in a thrift store during one of my rummaging expeditions through all of the greater DC thrift stores about 20 years ago. I got lucky on it though, mine cost a whopping 50 cents. It was actually the second best find of that day though: the bin of TI cartridges it was in also had a Parsec prototype in a reddish orange shell, also for 50 cents. Both are now and will remain prized parts of my collection. ;)

I wasn't sure there were more of them out there until this one turned up--and the appearance of both cartridges matches right down to the squared-off labels slightly shorter than the allotted horizontal label space, so they are definitely from the same production run.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...