Jump to content
Trebor

A Non-Interactive Title Screen is a Safe Screen

Recommended Posts

On 6/15/2021 at 10:16 AM, PacManPlus said:

Here's a sneak peek at some screenshots of the game that plays when no cartridge is inserted.

This is awesome. Thanks for making it!

 

Someone with some Photoshop skills should mock up a 7800 retail box that has a “Comes with Kilparsec!” bubble in the corner or something. This would be complementary to the Pole Position one that’s already there. Just a fun thing to complement the game. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you!

 

Ok, so I've fixed the cavern 'closing up' on the player, and I've fixed another issue that nobody would have run into unless they made it to level 28 on hard mode. :evil:

The only thing I can't track down is where player 2 starts in a different part of the level in a two player game.  I can't get it to happen to me.

 

Luckily, I can watch the video once it's published to see if I can see an indicator of why it happens...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PacManPlus said:

Thank you!

 

Ok, so I've fixed the cavern 'closing up' on the player, and I've fixed another issue that nobody would have run into unless they made it to level 28 on hard mode. :evil:

The only thing I can't track down is where player 2 starts in a different part of the level in a two player game.  I can't get it to happen to me.

 

Luckily, I can watch the video once it's published to see if I can see an indicator of why it happens...

That's awesome you've tracked down one of the bugs we found already! Level 28 on hard mode?? Wow, good luck to whoever attempts that!

 

The video will be published on YouTube at 6PM PT tonight and the two player section starts at 51:50. Also during the two player mode it looks like player one doesn't seem to progress past the first enemy even though Tanya played long enough for it to happen.

 

- James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ok, after watching the video for a minute, I see what's going on with the two player mode:

For some reason, the second player starts at the level the last game ended at.  James' game ended at the Asteroids, and then they started a two player game and the second player started at the Asteroids.

 

Also: There are different numbers of enemies to kill before progressing, varying by difficulty:

Easy: 4 enemies per wave (i.e. 4 Tie-Fighters, 4 X-Wings, 4 Muffins, etc.)

Normal: 8 enemies per wave

Hard: 16(!) enemies per wave

 

The only exception is the Asteroid wave, which is always 32 (regardless of difficulty) because they kind of drop all at once.

 

I'll have the 'starting level' issue fixed shortly.

Edited by PacManPlus
Edited for clarity
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 For those of you who missed the livestream of ZPH playing the Exclusive World Premiere of new 7800 BIOS upgrade game KiloParsec, here's the YouTube Archive of the show last night!

 

Thanks again Bob, so much fun!! Can't wait to replace my BIOS chip to include this game!

 

- James

 

 (SET TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY!)

  

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2021 at 9:47 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

 For those of you who missed the livestream of ZPH playing the Exclusive World Premiere of new 7800 BIOS upgrade game KiloParsec, here's the YouTube Archive of the show last night!

 

Thanks again Bob, so much fun!! Can't wait to replace my BIOS chip to include this game!

 

- James

 

 (SET TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY!)

  

 

Just watched this and I love Kiloparsec. @PacManPlus Any chance of adding speech and turning this into a cart release somewhere down the road? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Honestly, I don't think so.  I mean, the reason this game was even made was because of (and for) the BIOS...  :( 

 

Thank you for the compliments!

Edited by PacManPlus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PacManPlus said:

Honestly, I don't think so.  I mean, the reason this game was even made was because of (and for) the BIOS...  :( 

 

Thank you for the compliments!

No worries.  I think its great and look forward to getting the BIOS upgrade for one of my 7800's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi Guys:

 

Sorry about the lack of postings on this.  I believe (@RevEng correct me if I'm wrong) that everything is done for this BIOS (the game + the BIOS itself).  We've tested it with everything we have, but I'm always nervous about that *one* 7800 + odd game that might cause an issue.

 

So, if everyone understands that although we've tested this a *lot*, and even the new ARM 2600 games will now work with the PAL 7800 BIOS, I think it's ready to use.  I have it in both of my 7800s.

 

Also, one thing to note: The BIOS itself is open source, although the game is not.  Please, do not extract the game from the BIOS.  I really don't want to see anyone on eBay selling this game.

Thanks,

Bob

 

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just need to get an Eprom writer and I'll be popping it straight into my NTSC machine and possibly a PAL machine also.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

I believe (@RevEng correct me if I'm wrong) that everything is done for this BIOS (the game + the BIOS itself). 

Totally correct :thumbsup::)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a binary somewhere with the new BIOS+game for those (*cough* me …) who want to upgrade our systems? :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Is there a binary somewhere with the new BIOS+game for those (*cough* me …) who want to upgrade our systems? :) 

Stay tuned on this...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very soon now...

 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Very soon now...

 

 

👍👍👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2021 at 1:53 AM, juansolo said:

I'd be happy to do it for people in the UK (I can't imagine there'd be many...), depending on availability and what have you. I'll certainly be doing my own regardless.

I'm going to be sending you a PM shortly... so be on the lookout.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...