IGNORED

Gaming in TV Shows and Movies...

On 4/30/2021 at 4:41 PM, carlsson said:

the teenager oriented TV series Find Me in Paris

While there was no more Atari reference in the episode I watched today, the Belgian (Dutch?) actor Robin Keyaert portrayed Steve Jobs in 1983, with black polo sweater and everything. Since the series is full of anachronisms, the 1983 Jobs was given a smartphone - not sure if it was an iPhone or an Android - which he got mesmerized about. I think that is the first "real" person imitated in the series. I've already figured out that this third and final season is more wacky than the first two seasons, so I'm expecting a lot of crazy things to happen.

Have just finished watching the first season of The Americans. It's a period drama set in the early Eighties, and it has many "office" scenes, so there are countless PETs, Tandies, and other old computers. The funny thing is that some of them are supposed to be switched on and have the live CRT display working, but you can see these are obvious printouts stuck in there instead...no flicker, glow, or any other telltale CRT-in-operation signs. Ah, well.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 3:02 AM, lushgirl_80 said:

I've been recording Three's Company now lately. Just the other day Jack was at some roller rink,and there's an arcade cab right behind him.

3scompany.thumb.jpg.800b9924e3e7c5899b7f257ce2522fc7.jpg

Anybody know what game that is???  Also speaking of Growing Pains,I'm actually getting a call soon from Jeremy Miller the actor who played Ben Seaver! lol He's gonna be on my own show to explain what NES games they were actually playing on the set.  Actress Priscilla Barnes who played Terri on 3's Company is also appearing on my show soon,and i'm actually gonna ask her about the 2600 lol.

Cant see clearly.  Hard to tell. 

On 5/2/2021 at 4:02 AM, lushgirl_80 said:

I've been recording Three's Company now lately. Just the other day Jack was at some roller rink,and there's an arcade cab right behind him.

3scompany.thumb.jpg.800b9924e3e7c5899b7f257ce2522fc7.jpg

Anybody know what game that is??? 

It's a Space Duel cabinet from Atari. 

ci-120516202145-960.jpg

Same one used on an album cover by The Who...

the-who-its-hard-1997.jpeg

...cause it looks that damn cool. :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...