IGNORED

Season 11 ~ Week 8 ~ Silver Medal Winner Pick

Vocelli

Really loving the choices this week. Dark cavern is another one that I had never heard of before the HSC, but that I really like (I Can't help thinking that a 16k version with multiple caverns would have been awesome). The strategy side of it is great fun, even though I am not much good at it yet.

As for Stack game, what a work of genius in 1k!. Games don't come much simpler than this, but it just fits together beautifully. The colour scheme Even manages to feel calming as you play, and I reckon this would have been a smash if it had been released early in the systems lifecycle

IMG_20210327_112620572.jpg

IMG_20210328_154549098.jpg

• Like 3

20210329_213307.thumb.jpg.44fbe6af652828f273edf693033eb16b.jpg

Save up as many lives as possible

(9 lives max)

After around 200k, the robots respawn too fast and you won't get any more.

Figure out the timing for the gun icon- when you think it's about to show up, start moving. I don't know why, but I have more luck getting it when I'm not standing still.

A good trick for extra lives- once you kill off the robots, go to the lower left or right corner, with a bit of luck, you'll be able to pick off two more as they spawn, for an extra 10k and 2 free men!

Try to wait before shooting a blob or spider, sometimes a robot will do it for you. Nothing worse than running around with an empty gun.

The gun icon only appears for a few seconds, but the timer doesn't count down while you're in the cage. Don't run out to get it until the coast is clear.

If I have 8 lives or less, and there's only one robot, sometimes I'll do a suicide mission. As long as I take the robot out, I may lose a life but I'll gain a life, plus 5k points, plus a free warp to the cage.

I hope that makes sense

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dark Cavern: 311000

Stack Game: 59

I agree 100% with all the advice @toiletunes offers in the previous post.

In addition to the lower left/lower right corners, you can also camp out at the corner just above the entrances to pick off a few yellow robots for 5k and an extra man each.  The only other suggestion I'd make is if you run out of bullets, there is no reason to avoid running into the "blob" since you have no bullets for it to steal. 

I enjoyed this game, but found the game to be pretty annoying to play once hitting that 200k mark.  Not only do the robots spawn too fast to get extra lives, but the scoring potential is significantly reduced since you're mostly shooting purple robots for 1k and might occasionally luck into a red/orange robot for 2k.  Most of the red/orange robots I hit at this level were when two robots were grouped together and could be killed in a single shot.  There does not appear to be any strategy that will reliably group the robots.  It would be really cool if there were a way to group three, or even all four robots in a way to take them all out with a single shot at these higher levels.

image.thumb.png.01498326b08620afd0e6602e5d77ac51.pngimage.thumb.png.614970e2f06deed5078449382b6a75ef.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dark Cavern-227,000

Finally played this today-

I wouldn't at all say I LIKE it, but, Jason, it does seem, like Garrett's games, "good" for a HSC, you do kinda want to keep trying, once you get the hang of trying to score.

Find a safe spot/corner you are comfortable working from, really only stray from there to grab the gun, this ain't Pac-Man, you don't gotta move around all the time, lol.

I'm sure there's more to it, but that should help some people. I like the corner just to the right, as you exit the...whatever the hell "homebase" is called in this.

It really sucks that you can't go back in there to hide, and no bullet replenishment when you die is completely bogus-I understand WHY, but it still sucks blueberries.

2600DarkCavern227000.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dark Cavern(A/B, BTW)-228, 000!

Big Improvement!!!

Lolo, methinks mebbe this is just one of those games I am "OK" at, but my best is "my best", might not be a lot of wiggle room for improvement, lol!!!

(Close up pics=my contrast is bad, no universal remote to fix it, some games "look" better than others. As always, is always on vid).

2600DarkCavern228000.png

• Like 2