IGNORED

The Atari Report - 8-Bit Edition - Episode 2 - Albert

BIGHMW

IIRC it's in the Albert thread or a related website

http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=katalog&sub=A&tg=Albert#Albert

try the first link and get the latest version, or try the AA thread I've posted though it may point you to the link later in the thread anyway

Edited by _The Doctor__

@BIGHMW, are you the reviewer in the video?  It wasn't clear to me from your post. If you aren't then this feedback is pointless, but anyway...my review of the review :)

I like these type of reviews, and I enjoyed this review. 

My impression of the review is it discusses various subjects such as later levels, difficulty in later levels, the phrase "hours of gameplay" was used, but what I observed in the video is someone who hadn't yet played those later levels so the comments came across to me as predictive, rather than experience based.

Personally, I would toss in some constructive criticism of a game.  As impressive as the game is, I wouldn't say the controls are perfect.  I find a game like Super Mario on the NES has much more natural jumping.  My 2 cents anyway.

I enjoyed the review overall.  The enthusiasm is the best part of it, it makes it entertaining....makes me wish I liked games.  I admit I only played albert for two levels.  I ran into a bug where a level wasn't completable, and put the game aside.  I see in this thread another version works...that's cool.

10 hours ago, Mark2008 said:

@BIGHMW, are you the reviewer in the video?  It wasn't clear to me from your post. If you aren't then this feedback is pointless, but anyway...my review of the review :)

I like these type of reviews, and I enjoyed this review. 

My impression of the review is it discusses various subjects such as later levels, difficulty in later levels, the phrase "hours of gameplay" was used, but what I observed in the video is someone who hadn't yet played those later levels so the comments came across to me as predictive, rather than experience based.

Personally, I would toss in some constructive criticism of a game.  As impressive as the game is, I wouldn't say the controls are perfect.  I find a game like Super Mario on the NES has much more natural jumping.  My 2 cents anyway.

I enjoyed the review overall.  The enthusiasm is the best part of it, it makes it entertaining....makes me wish I liked games.  I admit I only played albert for two levels.  I ran into a bug where a level wasn't completable, and put the game aside.  I see in this thread another version works...that's cool.

Yup I AM the reviewer on this thread, as well as the narrator and also the voiceover you hear at the beginning (we couldn't afford famous NYC-based voiceover Jim Cutler unfortunately so you'll have to settle for me). The face you see as always is me as well. 

I do all my own stunts as you can obviously tell, but thanks for your comments they are always welcome, good or bad, always looking for feedback.

As for criticism of a game I don't like to rip a new one into a game but there WAS that ONE TIME where I just had to do that to the 2600 original Pac-Man, so here is xome of that rather constructive criticism, in all its glory:

10 hours ago, Mark2008 said:

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 1:16 AM, BIGHMW said:

"If you have any kids that have problems with seizures..."... Hahaha...

Maybe you could do an Atari Report - 2600 Edition (Special Report), where you highlight some of the games that are prone to inducing seizures. :D

seizure.thumb.gif.a42370b93fad307a4f97a9f8ab7efccb.gif

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 1