OldAtAtari

California Games BMX Map

I saw where someone several years ago (2012 maybe?) said it would be cool to have a map of the BMX track. I thought so too. So I made one. I think it's pretty accurate. It's a big image. Feel free to download it, edit it, share it, distribute it, or disregard it completely. I hope it's useful!

CA_Games_BMX_map_Lynx.png

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

That's a cool picture! It's neat to see it laid out like this.

I've had my best luck on this minigame by just playing it a lot and unconsciously having a feel for when certain obstacles will come up. I can't imagine trying to directly memorize it from these images, sounds too much like homework ;)

Edited by sirlynxalot
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, sirlynxalot said:

That's a cool picture! It's neat to see it laid out like this.

I've had my best luck on this minigame by just playing it a lot and unconsciously having a feel for when certain obstacles will come up. I can't imagine trying to directly memorize it from these images, sounds too much like homework ;)

Thanks!

Just the act of screenshotting it all and stitching it together to make this image taught me a lot about the track. I doubt I'll ever memorize it, but I know it better now than I did before!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Igor said:

This is great! I though I'd have a go at cleaning the map up and removing the cyclist and the scores, etc, but it's quite a significant amount of work to do that, so I gave up!

Still, I chopped it up into pieces and put them up on a page here - https://atarigamer.com/pages/california-games-bmx-map

Thanks for sharing it!

Awesome! I was hoping it would end up on your site! It's funny to see it broken up like that. Good idea, though. I like it! And yes, the editing you talked about would be a ton of work! Maybe one day someone will clean it up. 

2 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

This is SO cool! 

You should make a map of the surfing course next. 

Thank you!

I didn't know there was anything in the surfing course other than a wave on the right and endless flat ocean on the left.

9 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

I was just kidding :)   No maps needed for any of the other courses.

Very funny. I do wonder about the footbag, though. I wonder what happens if you forget about the bag and just walking left or right. I wonder if it ever stops you or gives you new scenery.

2 hours ago, Turbo Laser Lynx said:

Thanks for putting it together. I always wanted to see it layed out like that. Looks really spectacular! ☺️

Thank you so much!

On 3/24/2021 at 11:25 PM, OldAtAtari said:

I saw where someone several years ago (2012 maybe?) said it would be cool to have a map of the BMX track. I thought so too. So I made one. I think it's pretty accurate. It's a big image. Feel free to download it, edit it, share it, distribute it, or disregard it completely. I hope it's useful!

CA_Games_BMX_map_Lynx.png

You could make a fold-out poster of this and put it with the game...

22 minutes ago, tripled79 said:

You could make a fold-out poster of this and put it with the game...

Very good idea! It would be a very long poster!