Jump to content
OldAtAtari

California Games BMX Map

Recommended Posts

I saw where someone several years ago (2012 maybe?) said it would be cool to have a map of the BMX track. I thought so too. So I made one. I think it's pretty accurate. It's a big image. Feel free to download it, edit it, share it, distribute it, or disregard it completely. I hope it's useful!

CA_Games_BMX_map_Lynx.png

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That's a cool picture! It's neat to see it laid out like this.

 

I've had my best luck on this minigame by just playing it a lot and unconsciously having a feel for when certain obstacles will come up. I can't imagine trying to directly memorize it from these images, sounds too much like homework ;)

Edited by sirlynxalot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sirlynxalot said:

That's a cool picture! It's neat to see it laid out like this.

 

I've had my best luck on this minigame by just playing it a lot and unconsciously having a feel for when certain obstacles will come up. I can't imagine trying to directly memorize it from these images, sounds too much like homework ;)

Thanks!

 

Just the act of screenshotting it all and stitching it together to make this image taught me a lot about the track. I doubt I'll ever memorize it, but I know it better now than I did before!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Igor said:

This is great! I though I'd have a go at cleaning the map up and removing the cyclist and the scores, etc, but it's quite a significant amount of work to do that, so I gave up!

Still, I chopped it up into pieces and put them up on a page here - https://atarigamer.com/pages/california-games-bmx-map

Thanks for sharing it!

Awesome! I was hoping it would end up on your site! It's funny to see it broken up like that. Good idea, though. I like it! And yes, the editing you talked about would be a ton of work! Maybe one day someone will clean it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

This is SO cool! 

 

You should make a map of the surfing course next. 

Thank you!

I didn't know there was anything in the surfing course other than a wave on the right and endless flat ocean on the left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

I was just kidding :)   No maps needed for any of the other courses.

Very funny. I do wonder about the footbag, though. I wonder what happens if you forget about the bag and just walking left or right. I wonder if it ever stops you or gives you new scenery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Turbo Laser Lynx said:

Thanks for putting it together. I always wanted to see it layed out like that. Looks really spectacular! ☺️

Thank you so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2021 at 11:25 PM, OldAtAtari said:

I saw where someone several years ago (2012 maybe?) said it would be cool to have a map of the BMX track. I thought so too. So I made one. I think it's pretty accurate. It's a big image. Feel free to download it, edit it, share it, distribute it, or disregard it completely. I hope it's useful!

CA_Games_BMX_map_Lynx.png

You could make a fold-out poster of this and put it with the game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, tripled79 said:

You could make a fold-out poster of this and put it with the game...

Very good idea! It would be a very long poster!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...