IGNORED

Converting floppy image from IMD to ST formats?

My friend recently passed along a couple of disk images from an ST that I am trying to run in an emulator. I don't have access to the original floppies or any ST hardware.

They provided me with four copies:

1. CopyIIPC Deluxe Option Board image with an IMG extension

2. Imagedisk image with an IMD extension

3. A binary file of the disk contents

4. A folder with individual files

Does anyone have suggestions for converting either the IMG or IMD files to ST so I can load them in an emulator like Steem?

PS- Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. :)

I think the .IMG file are a raw dump of the floppy and just renaming to <name>.ST should work (make a copy first)

.IMD have additional information in a header which would need to be remove for it to work, I edit disk images with

Hex Editor Neo, not sure if there's a utility that will do it for you.

I'm not familiar with those image types. And yes, sometime it is same as ST, what is actually RAW dump.

And even "binary file of the disk contents " should be it.

Best would be if you can post first 3 files (images) here , and best to put them in ZIP archive - it will make it smaller size and more reliable.

Then can see exact differences, and provide you ST conversion. Images of one disk will be enough for start.

Brilliant! The solution was simply to rename the extension of the .BIN file to .ST. ?

The original source is a piece of e-banking software that used the French Télétel network (retired in 2012). The original product came bundled with a special serial cable for connecting an ST to a Minitel terminal. Here's some more documentation:

http://minitel.us/peripherals/3614-gestcomptes-2

Out of curiosity, I also poked at a hexdump of each file. The .IMD image was created with ImageDisk 1.18. I have no firsthand experience with this utility but there's some documentation here:

http://dunfield.classiccmp.org/img/index.htm

ATARI.BIN_006.png

ATARI.BIN_007.png