IGNORED

.e2p Files (Shared Leaderboards)

doctorclu

Played with the Game Drive tonight and had a great time getting it set up.   Played Joust, Game Drive created a .e2p file for the high score, and so I figured I would play a round of Bubsy to create one for that.   Post my name on the high score board for the first time since 2012 since I had my usual cartridge full of high score entries.

Then I realized, we can trade high score tables now!  Nice!!

We can take out the high score (.e2p) file, and send them back and forth, each adding scores from other players.

Here is one for Bubsy, created by one of the biggest fans of the game.... me!   :P

Bubsy - Fractured Furry Tales.e2p

If you add to it, just post your updated .e2p file here, and someone else can add to it, and so on.   We can add ten unique names to this one.

20210326_001550.thumb.jpg.e0527838d8bd87b886e1da7471a6f4ae.jpg

[Above was my solution for "DRCLU:321"  321 = March 2021.  No numbers so I had to get creative.]

Got a favorite game that creates a .e2p file for a saved high score?   Would be nice if it was one that had multiple high scores recorded, but you know, for those single high scores (like I believe Joust is) you could always post a .e2p file with a REALLY high score and just say

"Here, beat THIS score".  :P  

Let's see some .e2p files!    LET'S TRADE SOME SCORES!

20210326_001853.jpg

• Like 5

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/27/2022 at 7:56 AM, grips03 said:

I noticed some rom files in .zip format contains an .e2p file. 

Is it safe to the erase .e2p file ?

After playing the game (and saving), will a new .e2p save file be created automatically?

I would imagine so, but did you try to erase the file?

If anything, try this... take the micro SD card out of the game drive.  Back up the .e2p file on computer.  Then remove the .e2p from the micro SD.   Then turn on the Jaguar and Game Drive and load the game.

• 1 year later...

Thought I would share two more e2p files.

Atari Karts allows you to select the first three tracks.

Attack of the Mutant Penguins allows you to select the first 16 levels.

Just some game saves I've created lately by playing these games.  I also had a Joust one, but unless you wanted a 180k score to beat, might not do you any good.  :)  Enjoy!

Atari Karts.e2p Attack Of The Mutant Penguins.e2p

• Like 2

On 3/26/2021 at 12:36 AM, doctorclu said:

Then I realized, we can trade high score tables now!  Nice!!

We can take out the high score (.e2p) file, and send them back and forth, each adding scores from other players.

Here is one for Bubsy, created by one of the biggest fans of the game.... me!   :P

Bubsy - Fractured Furry Tales.e2p 128 B · 97 downloads

If you add to it, just post your updated .e2p file here, and someone else can add to it, and so on.   We can add ten unique names to this one.

So anyone add a Bubsy score on the e2p file?   Would be cool to have other real player's scores on the high score file on my Game Drive!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/25/2023 at 6:34 PM, WIZZARD77 said:

Does anyone have a save file for Battlesphere gold with all the codes unlocked? I'm having a hard time getting it to save properly

Sounds like something worth building.  :D   See what we can do.   Which actually brings up a good point.  1) does BS:G* create a .e2p file?  2) I seem to remember patches could be uploaded to Battlesphere through BJL link?   If so, would that information be saved to the .e2p file?

Suffice to say I've enjoyed what the .e2p file outputs.  Sometimes it is legible (and you can alter with a text editor... whistles...)  and sometimes it does not.

I will say this, on Attack of the Mutant Penguins I found that if have all 16 levels unlocked, then play a game from the start, it will save a few levels short of the level you completed on that round.   So if you want to have the ability to start on level 16 I believe not letting it save the final ending screen/game over might keep that from happening.  If it does, just reload the AotMP .e2p file on the Game Drive.