IGNORED

WTB: PS1 with a MOD chip

classicgamer74

• 2 weeks later...

It's basically like a psuedo kai for the Saturn. It's a soft modded game shark cartridge that connects to the ps port on the back of early models. 

I'll take a look and see if I have a console. If I do I'd send the console and unirom for $40 shipped.

I just did a quick look around and can only find one that I flashed to unirom and another that's original action replay I was going to leave original but if I can't find the other one I'll just flash that one too.

Give me until early next week if you haven't heard from anyone else. I'm pretty sure I have 2 consoles but I have to make sure both read games before I send one off. 

On 4/3/2021 at 11:38 PM, classicgamer74 said:

Alright. In looking forward to getting them. Just drop me a line when you find them. 

I have a bit of sad news with some acceptable news. Lol.

Acceptable (because I already said it wouldn't matter): I found the other flashed cartridge. 

Bad news is I can't get either ps1 to play discs. They might both need a cleaning but idk. They both turn on and run the unirom cartridge but I can't get either to play a game.

The offer still stands for the unirom. $20 shipped. 

I had a similar setup about 20 + years ago.  You had the thing you plugged into the back of the PS1.  Then you had a small spring that you put under the lid to make the PS1 think the lid was always closed.  You would start it up with a regular PS1 game and then "open" the lid and put a copy game in there and close the lid again.  Is that how yours is set up?

That's how it was before flashed with Unirom.

With the Unirom, you no longer need the spring or swap. It just loads backups (copies). Like I mentioned before, it's like the pseudo kai for Saturn flashed to a gameshark cart. It loads it's own bios or OS before booting the system.

I will post an image of the loading screen and you can see. It finds the game file and tries to load it, but the laser has trouble so the game doesn't load. It's the fault of my consoles, not the unirom. If it was the unirom, it would never load or find the game file on the backup disc.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2021 at 6:19 PM, classicgamer74 said:

Any luck getting it to work?

I got one of them up. I wanted both to work so I could have a working one as well but I guess it's a later candidate for the xstation when the price costs less than a CIB Ps1. I still have my Ps2 I can lay on and the other ps1 to look pretty on the shelf with the other systems I don't play. The other one is also the first model with the AV ports and the 4 potentiometers.

I have a ps1 with the unirom that plays backups. I've tested a couple. It plays Tekken 3 and MK4. I will pull it out again and check to see if they reliably play or if it happened that I played with it long enough it "warmed up". I'd rather not send something that is not reliable, even if it is cheap.

Have you had any other luck finding one?