IGNORED

Indus GT repair WD2797PL-02

JGRAHAM2

Atari used 2797's in later Tandon 1050's, and this chip is supported with the revision "L" firmware. So, a possible source could be if someone out there has a dead 1050 with this chip...

With that said, when replacing this controller in 1050's it needs to be followed up with calibration external to the chip via trimpots on the motherboard using an oscilloscope, I presume a similar process should also be done in the Indus...

21 hours ago, JGRAHAM2 said:

I have a drive with a bad WD2797PL-02 chip. I’ve tried to source a new chip, but the prices I’ve seen are very high, except for some shady looking sites. Any ideas of a source or alternative for this chip?

How do you know it is bad and how do you know a new chip will fix it? I have some 2797s but I don't know if they are good.

Bob

@JGRAHAM2 further to my last post, you can test your suspected bad 2797 in a tandon 1050 if it has a Rev "L" ROM. It should hopefully "mostly" work without changing any calibrations enough to confirm life before replacing the original back in the 1050...

Edit: You may have to bend out pin 25 if it is present so it doesnt go in the 1050's socket.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bob1200xl said:

How do you know it is bad and how do you know a new chip will fix it? I have some 2797s but I don't know if they are good.

Bob

I switched it out with one from another Indus drive and it resolved the issue. I was getting an H3 error code.

Edit: I have a 2797 coming, so I’ll update this thread when I get it. It is a WD2797A PL

Edited by JGRAHAM2