IGNORED

VCS System Software Update Log (on-going)

justclaws

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 3:04 PM, justclaws said:

New system update today, installed on running system, and only required reboot.
No problems, seamless.
- Update to version 20211014.083614.production
- Full update took under 4 minutes to install, after download completed (fast)
- No BIOS update (password unchanged, verified)

There was also a (transparent) update to Chrome.

Also, new user-interface features. (Details follow)
- Friends tab on Dashboard.
- Notifications in Account menu - below power on/off etc.

1899084794_WhatsAppImage2021-10-14at20_44_18.thumb.jpeg.978de7ecbaf82116d4a49ebf85e63ad2.jpeg

1174011179_WhatsAppImage2021-10-14at20_43_32.thumb.jpeg.bf3c89bd96dc07973ef911016dbd91d3.jpeg

I don’t have any of these updates every time i try to update my VCS is gives me a error any fixes?

• 3 weeks later...

Have been getting an update error everytime I boot up the VCS for over a month now…anyone found a solution to that issue? Also recently getting ‘Bearer token not given for authenticate’ when attempting to login using existing account ?
Thanks!

Edited by Reflex
Updated message

On 12/4/2021 at 7:07 PM, Reflex said:

Have been getting an update error everytime I boot up the VCS for over a month now…anyone found a solution to that issue? Also recently getting ‘Bearer token not given for authenticate’ when attempting to login using existing account ?
Thanks!

If you can't find another solution, You can try factory restore:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17TeJMIZcLIsGMJEHlQAxOb_YdIuX4GoL4bvBExAudWU/edit

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DazRetroDomination said:

I've owned my VCS for 2 hours and have followed everything this forum has suggested and I still can't use my VCS. It won't even let me create a account. Seems it can't reach the servehangup.thumb.jpg.e43a2bb1e060fdfe74fd81d314c0b1ae.jpgrs. It just hangs while updating. 

The Atari VCS is like a Fiero trying to be a Ferrari.  It looks sleek and sexy on the outside, but it’s internals are like a beta males heart; Full of problems, headaches, weakness, confusion, uncertainty, and nonsense.  Just be patient, take a deep breath and wait for daddy to fix the issue.  

Edited by ConstititutionalCommando
  • Haha 1

I heard from a source, that there should be another system update today, or very soon.
This update should enable the VCS online scoreboards (for games which are coded to use them) as well.

I think after the system update, there will be some further game updates to support them in other games.
Some developers will no doubt not update their games, but it's good if future games can at least use them!

13 hours ago, DazRetroDomination said:

I've owned my VCS for 2 hours and have followed everything this forum has suggested and I still can't use my VCS. It won't even let me create a account. Seems it can't reach the servehangup.thumb.jpg.e43a2bb1e060fdfe74fd81d314c0b1ae.jpgrs. It just hangs while updating. 

Let it hang.  Some VCS owners have reported it taking a few hours for the initial update.  After that it's usually only a couple minutes max.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 3:45 PM, justclaws said:

I heard from a source, that there should be another update , or very .
This update should enable the VCS online scoreboards (for games which are coded to use them) as well.

This update, which was due mid December, is supposedly, (according to various people) coming tomorrow.
I heard nothing from my Atari direct source about that. We'll see!

• Like 6

I noted since the bios updates I have trouble accessing the bios and refind or grub2 with 10 year old TVs. I have to wait several seconds (30 to 60) and manually choose the hdmi output to access it. No one else has noted this? No problem on newer TVs or PC screens. 

Edited by RadiATIon

• 9 months later...

If you didn't already apply the latest update to your VCS, it should occur at next reboot.
All went smoothly for me, and subsequently updates to all the new series of Recharged Games.

December 2023 - there is another new AtariOS update.
As this update is quite significant, and updates the controllers as well, I temporarily created a new thead.

• Like 2