IGNORED

Video: How to compose music using AMS.

tschak909

Fantastic, Thom,

I've been wanting to do something like this for a while with non-game Atari software. AMS got a lot of use back in the day and nice to see someone show it off. Would love to see some modern songs transcribed. I hope this inspires others to not only transcribe some more songs for a AMS but also I hope it inspires others to make similar videos for other Atari 8-bit non-game software. Some software never got the attention it deserved back then. A lot of potential here.

Just some software off the top of my head....Movie Maker, 3-D Supergraphics , Cartoonist, Desktop Performance Studio (This got virtually now use. It even had modem support.), PManimator, ChromaCAD, Stereo 3-D Graphics Package, Newsroom (The), Page Designer, Rubber Stamp, Typesetter, just to name a few.

Great video.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thom thank you for doing that video!! It's great. Need to watch it again. You make it look easy.  Glad you started this topic because I LOVE AMS.

Here are some songs are started to key in to AMS back in 1985 or '86. Just wanted to hear the intro at the time. Wasn't trying to complete a whole song iirc. Found it difficult to figure out which exact notes to use, to be in correct key, even with years of music class. ?

If any of you want to finish one of those feel free. Would love to hear it!  I may attempt some myself.

If Entertainer already exists out there then I didn't key in that one. It's been a long time and I forget.  It's a complete tune so maybe I didn't do that one... Unsure.   I have more AMS tunes I'd like to share. More to follow.

Edit: updated file. It was enhanced density now single density.

Sugarland's keyed in songs (unsure about Entertainer).atr

Edited by Sugarland

Very nice well-done video. I never used AMS editor... in fact never even seen it.  I did use the older Atari music program (can't remember what it was called) as well as EA's Music Construction Set.  I might have some of those old songs somewhere...

Anyway nice to finally see what I missed. ;-)