IGNORED

CV White screen of death pls help.

jetset

So I have a modded Colecovision, av plug in the back, had the on/off switch done in the front. It started going randomly white...Game came on...played but eventually would just go all white. Now the games don't even show. I took a quick vid, the game is loading/playing, sound works but the pic is shot. Any chance this could be something that someone who's all thumbs with soldering and messing with consoles' innards could easily fix?

CVPic.jpg

9 hours ago, ChildOfCv said:

Did you check the voltages from the power supply?

I did (never used one before lol)

So I know the red goes in the top left opening of the plug and test the other 3 with the black.

The top right hole was 5.19

The bottom right was 5.02

The bottom left was 10.4

From what I saw on youtube the bottom left s/b 12+? Is that pretty definite to be the power supply?

Yeah the bottom left should be 12V.  Looks like you may need a new power supply, or to get that one repaired.

It only changes the sign of the voltage readings, but you should use black for the upper left hole and red for the others.  The top right should be +5V, the bottom right -5V, and the bottom left +12V.

Edited by ChildOfCv

43 minutes ago, ChildOfCv said:

Yeah the bottom left should be 12V.  Looks like you may need a new power supply, or to get that one repaired.

It only changes the sign of the voltage readings, but you should use black for the upper left hole and red for the others.  The top right should be +5V, the bottom right -5V, and the bottom left +12V.

LOL. Yes I did it right but typed wrong. I did the black in the upper left and red for the others :P  (I'm even all thumbs typing). Theres a seller on ebay that sells custom made ones for $50 bucks. Worth it to get rid of the brick alone lol!