IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 14 - Game 10 - Q*Bert

My Q*bert Update: Ugggghhhh. Lol 'PB' but still cannot advance past L2 / R1. ?

It's now a Q*bert QUEST!!! I MUST GET TO L2 / R2 and maybe I'll even get to R2 / D2 someday..... ?

battle bots GIF

14,090 - L2 / R1

QBERT(14090)HSC14.jpg.ed083972c3bd77c38463c1fac6a8d088.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, fakecortex said:

I do! I made a binder over a year ago b/c I found that writing scores on random pieces of paper just wasn't cutting it. Worked out nicely 'cause I joined the HSCs around the same time I think. I have those little colored binder tabs separating chunks of loose leaf by letter, and I dedicate an entire page per game, so there's plenty of room for scores and stats. What I also decided was that it would include all systems, so it's fun when I get to F for instance and have 3 sheets of Frogger scores on 2600, INTV, and CV.

That's just for games on original hardware tho. If it's an emulation, I just have the screenshots on my computer.

Anyway, I'm 'bout to play some more 'bert! Wish me luck @!#?@!

Awesome!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fakecortex said:

One for the book binder!

45,155 L3R3

838C39CB-ECB5-44D4-AF24-E62EB068E81A.thumb.jpeg.c167345b2923024dd54f12baf1e9c39e.jpeg

Cortex you're a Q*bert MADMAN!!!!! ? Your score here is good for 2nd place on Twin Galaxies... Are you using real hardware or is this emulation? 

• Thanks 1

Quick Q*bert Update (thru post #81)

1. 90,905 - Patbb
  2. 59,625 - popsicle
  3. 45,155 - fakecortex
  4. 37,825 - Spartan
  5. 29,285 - Lupovax
  6. 22,150 - Wolfy62
  7. 15,605 - RogerPoco
  8. 15,110 - PlayerOne
  9. 14,090 - Rickster8
  10. 12,730 - Mr_me
  11. 12,725 - ClassicGMR
  12.   7,950 - CParsley
  13.   6,900 - JBlenkle
  14.   5,125 - Mangia-Boy
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Cortex you're a Q*bert MADMAN!!!!! ? Your score here is good for 2nd place on Twin Galaxies... Are you using real hardware or is this emulation? 

haha thanks man. That's pretty rad. We have a couple of really great scores above me here. Cool to see that we compete.

I'm using original hardware. But one thing that I think gives me an edge is the one thing that makes my Intellivision experience a bit odd- the stickler. They were attached to my controllers when I got the system second hand, in hmm maybe late 90s, and it's the only way I've played Intellivision. So for Microsurgeon for instance, I'm tryin to dual-wield, and tho it's fun, it's very clumsy with a stick in place of the intended disc. But for Q*bert, I feel like it controls nicely. And I imagine that it might be harder with the original disc.

here's a pic from the interwebs for anyone who's like wth is he talking about:

image.thumb.png.3cf16d0cb2e02c34f38808ba23c6ce67.png

I'll take this opportunity to say, DM me if you have extra disc parts that you're dyin' to get rid of ?

Edited by fakecortex
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rickster8 said:

@fakecortex If you video a great score you can enter it on Twin Galaxies. You have to video the whole game. Video the system booting up, show the power on and show your cartridge... I usually do a system reset at the end and shut the power off as well.... ?

haha I'm laughing b/c I have my systems running through a vcr, so as-is, my setup can record gameplay but not real life ? I could play the tape and record with my phone hahaha. But maybe one day I'll decide to compete like that. Right now, I have fun casually playing in a no-stakes competition on a board about a rival video game company where we complain about another rival's crappy ports and dream of a dr pepper and doritos apparently ?

• Haha 2

Has anyone gotten a weird color glitch in this game? Just started happening to me today where ol' 'Bert's eyes turn greyish brown, then some of the colors shifted. The green objects become pinkish. Sometimes the sideways dudes change too. It's really discombobulating since you want to collide with the green objects and the ball starts to look like an enemy. One time, Q*bert's eyes disappeared completely. I don't believe it's an RF connection thing b/c only some colors change, instead of everything on the screen. It continued to happen after resets and taking the cart out. Now, it's a weird coincidence that I had just upgraded the RF cables to my TV, but I swapped back out to the old ones and it still happened, so I think it's a game glitch. Curious if anyone else has had this happen to em.

Quick Q*bert Update (thru post #89)

1. 90,905 - Patbb
  2. 59,625 - popsicle
  3. 45,155 - fakecortex
  4. 37,825 - Spartan
  5. 29,285 - Lupovax
  6. 22,150 - Wolfy62
  7. 17,485 - Rickster8
  8. 15,605 - RogerPoco
  9. 15,110 - PlayerOne
  10. 12,730 - Mr_me
  11. 12,725 - ClassicGMR
  12.   7,950 - CParsley
  13.   6,900 - JBlenkle
  14.   5,125 - Mangia-Boy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Has anyone gotten a weird color glitch in this game? Just started happening to me today where ol' 'Bert's eyes turn greyish brown, then some of the colors shifted. The green objects become pinkish. Sometimes the sideways dudes change too. It's really discombobulating since you want to collide with the green objects and the ball starts to look like an enemy. One time, Q*bert's eyes disappeared completely. I don't believe it's an RF connection thing b/c only some colors change, instead of everything on the screen. It continued to happen after resets and taking the cart out. Now, it's a weird coincidence that I had just upgraded the RF cables to my TV, but I swapped back out to the old ones and it still happened, so I think it's a game glitch. Curious if anyone else has had this happen to em.

If you play a different cartridge are the colours okay?  If you let the system rest, unplugged for a few hours, does it return to normal.

1 hour ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

A31A2B53-ED6D-4A71-A69F-24E00F89FCF7.jpeg

Great score. I cannot even fathom how someone gets this high in this horrible game. I can’t even get a 1/3 of this score. I can get around the bouncing balls, but the pink bubble gum guys are a complete nuisance to me. You cannot gauge what they are gonna do.... ? Sad to say, but I never thought I’d ever get to 17k. So I’m somewhat satisfied where I finished. 20k would be nice, but it’s just not in the cards. ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

In true Sparty fashion, he comes through kickin' ass on a game he hates, haha, nice job.

20 hours ago, mr_me said:

If you play a different cartridge are the colours okay?  If you let the system rest, unplugged for a few hours, does it return to normal.

That's a good idea, I'll be sure to note if that happens for other games. Just unplugged it and we'll see what happens if I try again tonight.

I was kickin' butt and of course the color glitch happened after playing a few games. Now, I'm not sayin' that I didn't get a new high b/c of it, but I definitely got tripped up on the good vs bad balls, smh. When it happens again, I'll record it (on my vcr, baby), and take a pic for those curious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1