Sprybug

Robot Zed BETA RELEASE!

2 minutes ago, Sprybug said:

That bit doesn't get changed either after it is set to 1 or 0 and the beginning.  I did a search through my entire code for both Genesis_Controller, g, and g{7} and nothing interacts with that bit other than the Genesis Controller routine.

Okay, but the code snippet you showed showed the whole variable getting set to 1 if the Genesis is detected, and the check for that also checks to see if the whole variable is non-zero instead of just a bit.

Or was that not the actual code in your game, but just a simplification for sharing purposes?

Anyway, my offer to look at your code stands if you want to share it with me. I won't be able to get to it tonight, but would probably be able to tomorrow.

In batari you can define bits too.  Like for example

dim Extra_Bits = g

and then

def Enemy_Direction = Extra_Bits{0}
 def Ball_Direction = Extra_Bits{1}
 def Missile_Direction = Extra_Bits{2}
 def No_Scroll=Extra_Bits{3}
 def Zed_Turn = Extra_Bits{4}
 def RetOTBank = Extra_Bits{5}
 def Temp_Bit=Extra_Bits{6}
 def Genesis_Controller = Extra_Bits{7}

If you want to take a look at the code, you're welcome, but it's a 64K code and a lot of it will probably be confusing, as I don't tend to comment on my code as I work.  I actually make notes in separate text files on specific things for the game and where in the code it happens, etc.  You can PM(DM) me if you'd like.

• Like 1

Oh I didn't realizing that you were using defs. That makes a lot more sense. I don't have an urgent need to see your code or anything, but I'm decent with the Stella debugger if you are still needing help with the Genesis button code continuing to not work. Up to you. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Karl G said:

Oh I didn't realizing that you were using defs. That makes a lot more sense. I don't have an urgent need to see your code or anything, but I'm decent with the Stella debugger if you are still needing help with the Genesis button code continuing to not work. Up to you. 🙂 

Yeah, if you'd like.  Do you have the previous version of Zed (25) where the Genesis Controller is enabled?  What's going on is, it's acting as if the c button is stuck, which means it is going to the GenButton routine.  I've never run into this before and it almost feels like this is a bug with Batari and not with my code.  I recompiled my old Princess Rescue game with the version of batari I am using and it worked fine on that.

• Like 1