IGNORED

Circus Convoy Tips & Secrets (Ongoing) **Spoilers**

livingonwheels

On 4/5/2021 at 11:25 PM, Dave S Cramer said:

Yes, that's it.

The green looking thing that doesn't hurt you but sort of looks like the heaters or radios or whatever they are from Keystone Kapers? Or am I thinking of the wrong skull & crossbones car?

9 hours ago, slacker said:

The green looking thing that doesn't hurt you but sort of looks like the heaters or radios or whatever they are from Keystone Kapers? Or am I thinking of the wrong skull & crossbones car?

It's actually black and square in shape with a square in the center. There are 2 skull and crossbones cars and it's the first one you come to (the second one has a switch). Ok I just looked again. It does look like one of the radios from KK.

Edited by Dave S Cramer
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, pmitch_3m said:

Figured it out shoot it when it is turning only :)

Yeah, my strategy is to stay above the second "A" in "Audacity" and just shoot it when it comes close to me. When it's at the other end it's too far, and following it is too risky.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:19 AM, livingonwheels said:

Sorry, I found the clown mini game quite difficult and didn't get 5 stars myself. But you mentioned "frown vs smile". I didn't notice that! Thanks for the tip!

You can watch the pattern of clowns for as long as you want if you just stay on the ladder.  I like to stay there and watch it a few times to make sure I've got it down, then exit and come back in for a clean start.  I think it only counts against you if you use one of the klobber buttons, but it's easiest to avoid them by just staying on the ladder.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DaveM said:

Has anyone ordered and received their high score patch yet?  I ordered mine a few weeks back, and haven't heard anything.  It's no big deal, just $2 shipping, but I was just wondering if anyone has received theirs yet.

I read in the non-spoiler thread for the game that some people have received their high score patches.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, slacker said:

I read in the non-spoiler thread for the game that some people have received their high score patches.

Thanks!  Forgot about that thread.  I should've checked it.

2 hours ago, Atari_Warlord said:

Yes, it took about 2 weeks from when I ordered it.

That's good to know.  I think I'm well past 2 weeks, but I'll go back and check.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 6:12 PM, bradhig1 said:

I got a patch ordered after getting 41 of 80 stars.  Couldn't get pass the snake that kept dropping from the ceilling of the snake car.

If you approach him slowly you can get him to drop down and then you can move away and he’ll go back up giving you time to run by.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 11:18 AM, Tempest said:

This game really needs a walkthrough.  I messed around with it for a few minutes yesterday but got stuck when I couldn't get past a snake that was too high to walk under but in a spot where I couldn't slide either.  This game is a lot of trial and error as it's hard to tell whats what sometimes and what certain items will do.   I guess is great in emulation with save states, but annoying on real hardware.

I just started playing this game (got one in the May shipment), and after a few rounds came here to see what everyone is saying, and this comment struck me as kinda funny. To me, this felt like a great classic Activision 2600 game, and having to think and guess at what everything does was all part of the adventure of those games back in the day. We never had save states, or emulators, or walkthroughs for Atari games. You just played your ass off until you got it figured out.

I think 6 generations of easy games on rails with automatic tutorials built into the first 3 levels, and NPCs telling you what to do every step of the way has made people forget what made these games fun and challenging.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 11:19 AM, livingonwheels said:

Sorry, I found the clown mini game quite difficult and didn't get 5 stars myself. But you mentioned "frown vs smile". I didn't notice that! Thanks for the tip!

For the "Clown Stomp" mini game I found it to be easiest when standing between the first and second clowns

• Like 1