IGNORED

Circus Convoy Tips & Secrets (Ongoing) **Spoilers**

livingonwheels

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to sit down and play it on actual hardware. Weirdly, the cart requires some jimmying to get into the slot of the CX2600A I'm playing on.

I know it's old school design but one thing I do not miss about lengthy older games is that every time you lose all your lives you have to tediously repeat all these steps you've done and aced over and over before just to get back to the place where you were having trouble, only to have to do it again and again until you master that one thing that kills ya. I get the structure of the game is such that it's about trying to get a perfect score and there aren't "levels" per se, but it's still frustrating to have to start from square one every time.

I find killer giraffe heads amusing.

I find the sound a little lacking given how much ROM space they're employing and how they could have had more variety by car. Sometimes just changing the pitch of things slightly would have added a sense of geography.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 2:36 PM, livingonwheels said:

Hmm. I never noticed a bird with a key. Any idea how deep you were into the game? Like approximately how many stars you had at the time you saw the bird?

On 4/1/2021 at 2:31 PM, Atari_Warlord said:

Does anyone know if you can get the white key from the bird that is flying?  I don't remember exactly when it appeared, but jumping to grab it did nothing and it eventually just scrolled off the convoy and disappeared.

Yes, you get the White (Crystal) key from that bird flying over head using the bricks to stand on.  The key re-opens the side show game you've already completed.  You need to replay one of the games in order to get all 95 stars.

• 4 weeks later...